PDA

View Full Version : Wonky Preview in Renderview (MAC)

dweinin
05-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Hi everyone-

I just got a MacBook Pro and I'm running Maya 8.0 on it.

When I render my scene in my Renderview I get a picture with rough edges and just overall poor quality. Even though my settings in my Render Globals are quite high. If I save the image from my renderview the image qualitiy improves to what it should be. Also if I zoom in a bit or out a touch in the renderview (once the scnene is rendered) the image looks fine.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions? I've attached an image to help illustrate the issue.

Thanks!

drthunder
05-22-2007, 04:39 AM
Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can do about this. It's a video card issue. My home pc does this, as well as my MB Pro. Both of them have unsupported Radeons. At work where I've got a FireGL I don't get the jaggies, nor does anyone else in the office with FireGL's (all supported cards).

It's a little irritating, but you'll get used to zooming into 100.1% to get rid of most of it.

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2007, 04:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.