PDA

View Full Version : Outpost - VFX Challenge - Arioch

Arioch
03-15-2003, 08:54 PM
Count me in for this one also. No ideas yet but I hope to get out and do some location scouting as soon as the rain here stops.

This challenge is going to appeal to a larger group of participants this time around so I'm looking forward to a variety of quality entries. Good luck everyone!

Arioch
04-03-2003, 11:24 PM
After taking a few weeks to knock out some scenes from another project my computer if finally free to do something fun, like this challenge.

I've got to admit that being so far behind and seeing all of the impressive entries is a bit intimidating. I figure I've still got 2/3s of the challenge time left and if I can create something half as cool in 4 weeks as some of you have already done in 2, I'll be happy.

To get started, here are a few thumbnails from the reference photos I shot last weekend:

http://home.earthlink.net/~m1ke/images/animation/Canyon/Big_Rocks.jpg

BlueCougar
04-04-2003, 06:44 PM
Great images, I know its going to be great. Taking your own is such an advantage to knowing where the lighting and everything lines up. Looking forward to seeing more.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.