PDA

View Full Version : Pennzoil Nismo Gt-r, Ken_g9 (3D)

KG
03-15-2003, 07:18 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/10862/Pennzoil_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/10862/Pennzoil.jpg)

here's my latest model, a JGTC Pennzoil Nismo GT-R,
based on the Skyline R34 :)

made the textures in from scratch by tracing pictures in autocad and coloring it in photoshop :)

here's a racetrack scene, granturismo style :D

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/kggraphics/3d+gallery/pennzoilgtr01_800.jpg

ja3d
03-15-2003, 07:23 PM
great model, good modelling ang texturing
:thumbsup:

UseMayaForever
03-15-2003, 07:40 PM
Very Nice And Good
But What it's the red knob
in the Front of the car?

UseMayaForever
03-15-2003, 07:45 PM
and what is the to black squere in the back of the car?

Abominable
03-15-2003, 07:49 PM
This is smokin', sweet work man!

:beer: :buttrock: :beer:

WChestnutt
03-15-2003, 08:14 PM
cool!!:buttrock:

asbsolutley love the model!:drool:

program used? modeling method?

Will

qu2k
03-15-2003, 08:51 PM
i love it!

however...
crits:
-needs more anti aliasing.
-needs a headlight shader (unless thats supposed to be those headlight covers they put on)
-the exhaust pipes in the back and on the side arent smoothed
-in the render showing the rear of the car, the surface looks very speckled. increase the gi samples
-the body has to be smoothed more overall, around the tail lights and wheel wells etc.. you can see it get jaggy

good job :D

Duffman
03-15-2003, 08:56 PM
wooooo excellent work! :applause:

You really left little to pick on, but there are a few things that could be tweaked.

The biggest problem I see is that it is far too reflective and bright. I've never seen a Nismo Skyline that shiny or bright (on TV and magazines...)

There's also the back window, it looks like it's too wide vertically and not wide enough horizontally, but that may be a camera angle illusion. :shrug:

But otherwise, that's some awesome work, I'm especially impressed you did the decals by hand. :beer:

wedge
03-15-2003, 10:48 PM
looks like the car's driving pretty fast in the track picture... also looks like the car doesn't have a driver.

cityhunter
03-15-2003, 10:51 PM
damn. that's looks nice. :applause: :applause: :applause: have you done any other vehicles?

KotsVlok
03-15-2003, 11:23 PM
Nice work, gotta love that nice yellish color :D

PUREVIL
03-15-2003, 11:33 PM
Very cool!!! I like it keep up the good work

Maya are you talking about the red loop in the front bumper off to the left? Thats a tow hook, the black squares in back I'm not 100% sure on, must be for venting or aerodynamics in case the car goes into a spin. Similar to the ones in Nascar??? I dont know for sure.

My only crit. is the tail lights dont look like seperate objects, like they would in a real car. Otherwise killer!

stephen2002
03-15-2003, 11:58 PM
good work overall, looks like Lightwave radiosity. More samples or more AA (or both) will really help take out the blotches.

Great job on getting all of those decals on the car. I have to agree that the geometry could be smoothed in genreal (just turn on sub-surf if you haven't already or increase the resoltuion).

ThePuppetMaster
03-16-2003, 12:54 AM
Finally no AUDI TT :) lol. I like this. Skyline's are amazing. Seen one at a import car show not to long ago.

Needs more ilerations on the exaust

boxcrash
03-16-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by UseMayaForever

But What it's the red knob
in the Front of the car?

cool, car looks good. :D

The red knob is a hook, it is for tying the cars down. They usually stack the cars inside a semi-trailer during transportation and lock them down on upper and lower decks that raise and lower. Also most of these cars are made up of one piece sections, like a whole front clip/fender/bumper/wheel well section, then a rear/mid-section or just one whole carbon fibre' or carbon fibre' kevlar composite body shell. They lift the sections or strap them by these hooks during removal or placement upon the tubular chassis drivetrain.
Usually and most always these stick through the body shell and are welded to the chassis, giving once again a good stable solid hooking position for towing or strapping down.

Black square??

The one on the underside of the car?? if thats the one, its for downforce and anti lift, it channels the air under the car through tubing and tunneling that creates downforce as the car goes faster and acheives higher speeds.
Because just like a plane a normal car will get lift at higher speeds as the air travels underneath and lifts it up. Also these channel air to vital components that require lots of cooling, like brakes, and drivetrain components.

If you mean the square on the back window, those are for airflow to the back window section as well as usually direct airflow to the exhaust that is coming out of the trunk section. On rear engine cars those are the air intakes(like the McLarens). Kind of a ram induction, considering air flows along the top of the car as well.

Also these could be used to flow air, once again, along the back of the trunk for addition down force. Of course all these objects that are above the smooth contour of the car cause extra drag, but downforce at 200+mph is more important, nothing like feeling a car loose road grip at 190mph and feel all squirely, hard to bring back.:D :hmm:

Lance22
03-16-2003, 05:42 AM
Would you happen to have blue prints for this? The nismo skyline is my fav car in gran tourismo and i want to try out modeling it myself, thanks.

santiago
03-16-2003, 07:24 AM
that's insane

Carlingue
03-16-2003, 07:49 AM
What can i say ? Would you give me any courses on Saturday mornings ? Lol !

Great job nothing there to say except that !

Your an inspiration !

lildragon
03-16-2003, 01:31 PM
Very very nice, some great crits here, you most definitely need to fix the AA a bit more, but it's nothing to horrendous... Also is it me or aren't the wipers textured? :curious: but you included wipers! So many cars come through here without them :p . You really did your homework on this one congrats! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah smooth the exhaust pipes will ya heheh

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Incredible work.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame (http://gallery.cgtalk.com) - which you are now placed

http://www.cgtalk.com/plug_award/cgtalk_award_mar03.jpg

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the award .psd file

salud

KG
03-16-2003, 03:41 PM
thanks for the comments guys :)

first, about the AA, i've got to admit, i'm the culprit there, i rendered it with low antialiasing :)

btw, the modelling and rendering was done in lightwave 7.5,
and the blueprints could be found at http://smcars.nd4spdworld.com/

about the segmentation, i guess it was too low and could be very visible in higher resolutions :)

the wiper has a material, but i guess it's too reflective, cuz the hdr map made it pretty white..

i'll re-render it and post it soon :)

Steam
03-16-2003, 07:19 PM
....I have only two words to say - this is really amazing work!!!
Nice texturing job and absolutly great modelling. Why don't I have enough patience to finish atleast one car???
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do you have some other car models?

P.S

I guess counting is too hard for me :surprised

imageriot
03-16-2003, 11:32 PM
Man that is a great model!

I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to get logo's/sponsors onto the body like that, I've heard its done with composite materials but I just can't find any documentation on it (im using max5 btw)

great job

winberg
03-17-2003, 08:36 PM
Hey...its a nice modelled car..could as stated before need some tuning in the rendering department..

I one should be really nitpicking, I think maybe you should try to "thighten up" some of your edges...and maybe put in some more iterations on your subdivisions..

I have written a partial tutorial on the principles on modelling this car btw..

click here (http://www.wide3d.no/tutorials/Car_nurms_01.htm)

-Tom

Reza_82ir
03-18-2003, 01:44 AM
Wow!:thumbsup:
It's Good Modle

Reza_82ir
03-18-2003, 01:47 AM
Wow!!
It's Good Modle

KG
03-18-2003, 05:46 PM
winberg - i was the one who e-mailed you for ref pics...
anyway, here's the finished work :)

imageriot - try the raybrig nsx thread somewhere on this site,
it has a tutorial on texture mapping.
used lightwave btw, so i can't really say how it is
done in max :)

Steam - i have other models i posted on this site, 360 Modena,
stock skyline, and a tommy kaira skyline :)

:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.