PDA

View Full Version : Open file and replace text with text?

kungfuelmosan
05-21-2007, 03:18 AM
Basically i want to open up a mel file and replace "REPLACE THIS" with "MEL SCRIPT";

how would i do this?

mttitude
05-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Hello there!

I don't quite get what you mean by replacing text with text,. However, I have a cool and good web here for your reference,

http://www.robthebloke.org/mel/

You can take a look at this website to see if there's any help to your question.

=) all the best.

mhovland
05-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Is there a reason you need to do this in mel?

Any text editor worth its' salt has a find/replace function. I would do this in a text editor.

kungfuelmosan
05-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Is there a reason you need to do this in mel?

Any text editor worth its' salt has a find/replace function. I would do this in a text editor.

If i didnt know that thered be something wrong! lol

Basically im doing it in mel cause im making a GUI that needs to be able to save out its configuration and i was needing to find and replace a chunk of code multiple times in a text file rather than writing put the entire file again.

Broblem solvered now though :) - Im reading the file into a string and gmatch/subtitute'ing the code. Dont know why i didnt think of it b4

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2007, 09:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.