PDA

View Full Version : help with Ollie rig

takeshikoike
05-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster here. I thought I might be able to get some expert help from some of you well-informed Maya users out there. I'm a 2D animator trying to get to grips with the scary complex world of 3D animation, and so I got myself a free rig in the form of Ollie light, v1.0. Now, everything is fine and cool with it, except that I can't seem to get any animation control over his fingers, besides having to input finger joint rotations in the channels dialog by typing in numbers. Not a very intuitive way to animate, I'm sure you'll agree...
So, does anyone know if there's a way to animate the fingers using the rotation gizmo instead, or by sliders, etc.
Am I just totally missing something obvious? I could sure use some help.

Thanks.

ErikSvensson
05-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Actually, using that type of controller is far the best to do in maya i'd say. :) But do it this way instead.

1. Click one of the fingers or multiple drag-select.
2. Hold down middle mousebutton in viewport (still the channels should be black or something like that)
3. drag from side to side, see the numbers change.

You dont have to type it at all. just select the ones you want to use, then dragslide in viewport. Very fast way to do it, like selecting the first finger, then middledrag it to the pose you want, then next, and next. it goes fast, when you get used to it.

Cheers!
Erik

takeshikoike
05-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Hey Erik, your suggestion seems to work just great! Thanks a bunch dude, you've been a great help :)

ErikSvensson
05-21-2007, 09:45 PM
You're welcome man! :thumbsup:

Erik

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2007, 09:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.