PDA

View Full Version : rigging demo reel

softocean
05-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi everyone,

I recently finished up a rigging demo reel using fraps video capture tool:

It's got facial animation rigs, quadruped rigs, rigs done with automatic rigging tools, and vehicle rigs.

my rigging reel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoPFRbQK4eQ)

p.s.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoPFRbQK4eQ) I couldn't get fraps to work with 3dsmax however, just curious what other folks are using to capture video for rigging reels.

I'd appreciate any comments or critiquest to help me improve my reel.

ghoest
05-21-2007, 04:01 AM
Hi softocean,
Congrats on your reel.
I think that this is a bit out of order. I liked the horse rig / carriage rig more than you baby rig and human rigs seem to be stock, show it just to tell the people your sending this to that you can rig a human, unless there is something special involved in it, but from what I see it seems pretty standard.
edit: Oh and I use camtasia that seems to work really well for me and it has many video capture functions. I couldn;t get fraps to work out for me either :(

Dimich
05-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Hey Hey:) Like ghoest said, the human rigs are common rigs. The baby's facial rig needs a lot more work on the deformations. The eyelids caught my eye right away by being very angular and unnatural. Some of the deformations on the other human character are not looking right either... When the neck moves, the chest doesn't really deform: the pecular muscles are more affected by the colar bones then any other bone, as well as by the motion of the shoulders. The carriage rig is pretty neat, I would actually put it first on the reel, as it would have caught the attention much more, and maybe show it a little more, with some extra detail.

Hope this helps:)

Cheers!

AsaMovshovitz
06-01-2007, 02:02 PM
Hi,

i agree with Dimitry, the carriage rig shold be first,
all and all it looks good to me:)

Asa

CGTalk Moderation
06-01-2007, 02:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.