PDA

View Full Version : "Whoops!!!"-Hero-DKScully

DKScully
03-15-2003, 05:17 PM
Hi... I'll try to participate again... though I don't know if I'll find time...

I'll try anyway because I want to try with cartoon animation...

Let's see if I manage to do it...

I'm thinking about 15 minutes....

GOOOO¡¡¡¡¡

BishopLynx
03-15-2003, 06:31 PM
Welcome Back and congrats on winning last month. Looking forward to your challenge...I hope you have time to do it.:wavey:

Frinsklen
03-15-2003, 07:45 PM
:bounce:

:thumbsup:

:buttrock:

:airguitar

DKScully
03-16-2003, 01:04 AM
I've just had an idea... My character will be a kind of rocketeer... But He won't be able to fly with his machine... Let's see what I can do...

sinbad
03-16-2003, 11:16 AM
Good luck DKScully!

paul.

DKScully
03-16-2003, 09:20 PM
Thanks simbad...

Hope we all can improve in this callenge and I wish we all can finish it.... This will be difficult... for me hehehe... But I'll try anyway...

Here's my model (almost finished...) I have to do now the flyng machine. It'll be simple... Then I'll start rigging...

Here's a render and a little photoshop ...

Mangled Poly
03-16-2003, 11:26 PM
Nice work skully!:bounce:

DKScully
03-21-2003, 08:14 AM
A new update, I'll finish modeling soon.... I want to animate.

May be I'll use a sectionated mesh.... no skin... Let's see....

Comments and critics please...

Thanks.

Stephen Vyas
03-22-2003, 12:23 AM
Welcome back to the challenges. The character shows promise!
Goodluck.

Mandrake
03-23-2003, 11:54 PM
I thought you had best anim last time (LOTR).. so congrats:)
looking to see more from you..:)

DKScully
03-26-2003, 07:47 AM
Here's a mini animation... just testing how's going to be the camera... lights.... Character.... I'm not sure of what's going to make..... LEt's see....

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/dkscully2/2.avi

Milio
03-26-2003, 11:42 AM
HEY!!!!!!!! the animation looks so cool!!!!!but, I´d like to see something about the "real" animation of the challenge....jeje!!

O.Martin
03-27-2003, 09:50 AM
Cool model and animation.

DKScully
04-07-2003, 06:03 PM
Hi again.... I've changed my mind about a flying hero.... Now... my Hero will be a Swordman.. kind of conan... or kind of ninja.. I'm not sure yet... but... let's see....

Here's a mini prewiew.....

http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/3dks/2.avi

He'll carry a sword in the right hand...

malagu1ta
04-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Hi, about the last video you post. I think you did a lot of steps when he turn around...

Bueno lo cierto es que es muy dificil para mi explicarlo en inglés, pero bueno tal vez se podría retardar el ultimo paso para reequilibrar el peso o tal vez podría darse la vuelta de un salto o de una forma mas brusca, no se, solo es mi opinión espero que te sirva.

Un saludo

Malagu1ta

ReD_MeRkIn
04-08-2003, 12:15 PM
Hi DK
I don't think you have too many steps; but something isn't right about the timing of them.

I think it's the speed at which the character turns. The dialogue should give you puncuation points that you can exploit when moving your character.

Maybe he should turn fast on the first step (like to say 160 degrees) and then settle into place with the other steps.

I think you should put the dialogue track in so that you let that drive the timing of the delivery of the line.

Good luck, hope to see your updates soon.

Mahlon
04-08-2003, 05:49 PM
Looks great. But I agree that the turn around looks somehow strange. Or rather, it looks like he's having to turn around in a very small space -- like he's dropped into a closet or onto a pedastal which we can't see. I do love your animation style and the believability you get. Are you animating with biped for this one?

Mahlon

DKScully
04-08-2003, 08:11 PM
Thanks.,..

I'm fixing the turn... but I don't want to spent to much time on it... I'd rather to finish it and then fix this kind of things if I had time...

Yes, I'm using Character Studio this time... 3.2. I've attached geometry to biped pieces...

Thanks... :)

Mahlon
04-09-2003, 02:35 AM
Do you work for a game company DKSkully?

Mahlon

jorgelescale
04-09-2003, 03:02 AM
Hola, estoy deacuerdo con Malagu etc..
y tal vez antes de dar la vuelta voltee para saber que hay detras de él no?, solo otra opinion.:beer:

noktUp
04-09-2003, 07:03 AM
Its not that the character is taking too many steps, but rather that he is taking steps at all.
If you try to turn around like that you'll find that roughly 40%(Deduced logic-ly) of your total body rotation is done by pivoting on your foot's ball.
If you can save any energy in turning around, it would be by lifting the feet less. And that is done by pivoting on the ball.
I think, humbly, if you replaced at least one of the steps with a "ball pivot", then you would get a less robotic feel in the feet.
Other then that Phah-f00king-nominal:beer:
The secondary in the arms is bad ass and the staging kicks too.
I like how the character leads the movement with his head. Very Pro! :applause:

-PS I dont normaly use those pheigy smiley faces, so feel honored:)

DKScully
04-09-2003, 08:10 AM
EHEHE... Yes, I agree with all of us.. but I'm still trying to find the way he turn perfect.... :P but as I said... I'll try to go on with 15 seconds¡¡¡¡¡ and then I'll fix evertything... I've not much time...as ever...

Thanks again for all words and comments...

Mahlon: I work in Pyrostudios. (www.pyrostudios.com)

PANZER
04-11-2003, 07:58 AM
you work in pyrostudios??!... oh man that company rocks!.. im still waiting for commandos 3 to release..

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.