PDA

View Full Version : Directional Ambient Occlusion

JellyFire
05-19-2007, 05:42 PM
Hey, I recently discovered the ctrl_occlusion shader (from mymentalray.com), it all sounds good, just plug a light into the vector coords to get directional occlusion... Problem is I'm one of the minority (mac user) and can't use this wonderful shader...

I know there are no mac compatible ones out there, but what I was wondering, seeing as it is probably just a phenomenon shader, is there a way of manually setting this up?
It's easy as hell to get the vector coords using xform, so how much more work is this?

Any ideas?
JellyFire

jeremybirn
05-19-2007, 06:22 PM
With a regular mib_amb_occlusion texture, you can change the Output_mode to 2 and it'll give you 3 directional occlusions, one in each color channel, if that's useful to you.

-jeremy

ACamacho
05-21-2007, 10:11 AM
is dirtmap available to the Mac? Haven't used it in years (literally), but I recall it having "basis vector" attributes. Might help...if it's the same as ctrl_occlusion I just manually plugged in the light thru a lightInfo node (and a vectorNode too I believe)...into the vectors slot.

JellyFire
05-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Ok, so the Ambient Occlusion seems to have the ability to cast directional shadows...
Does anyone know a way of plugging the light into a utility node etc, then plug it into the occlusion shader to result in something similar to the ctrl_occlusion shader in one black and white image...

Anyone know who the shader creator is?
Thanks
JellyFire

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2007, 10:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.