PDA

View Full Version : techno-fantasy Knight for PC game

AXE
03-15-2003, 01:37 PM
hi,

this is the main character (with one of the armors) of a game we're developing. Total poly count: 2777. Only 1 texture, 1024x1024.

Comments & critiques are welcome!

AXE

mindrot
03-16-2003, 07:13 PM
really nice... i love the detail in the armour...

Sorceror Bob
03-17-2003, 12:48 AM
looking good, but I dont think the silhoutte really justifies the amount of polies spent on the model.

Is the armour detachable? That would explain where the polies have gone.

The shoulder pads look like they could cause some clipping problems when your character moves his arms about.

The feet also look like they are a bit too long.

AXE
03-17-2003, 07:04 AM
thanks for the replies guys

Sorceror Bob: yes, the armor is detachable. There are a lot of armors in the game, so we thought it would be better making armors apart from the body. The armor's pieces are then attached to the bones system. I know that the paddles will cause some clipping problems, but I had to keep in mind the sketches the char. designers made while modelling...I think I have to find a way to get rid of this. I do agree, the feets are way too long. I'll try to shorten them a little. Thanks.

AXE

Mangled Poly
03-17-2003, 07:43 AM
cool stuff however i would try to compress the map size into something more of 512 for body and 256 fore head... just a thought on how to impress the game companies a tad more :)

AXE
03-17-2003, 08:11 AM
yes, off course the map will be resized as needed. I always do the first map with a big size (1024x1024), then I separate it into two or more maps (for objects) or reduce the size.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.