PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft 2 CGI announcement trailer

Pages : [1] 2

gilley
05-19-2007, 08:08 AM
From the event going on in Korea right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUXoekeDIW8

The marine at the end says "what took you so long?" in Korean(so I've been told)

EDIT: The website is now up

http://www.starcraft2.com

Ivan D Young
05-19-2007, 08:16 AM
Wow, Can't wait to see a better version of that trailer. That looks really great! Blizzards cinematics are really top notch!

SPIDER2544
05-19-2007, 08:24 AM
thats very cool, i cant wait for more videos to come out

pappuftp
05-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Atta Boy !!!

Velarion
05-19-2007, 09:45 AM
website is up! www.starcraft2.com (http://www.starcraft2.com)

el_diablo
05-19-2007, 09:54 AM
This is gonna be a great year...

CHRiTTeR
05-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Oh boy! I've been praying a long time for this game to come out!! :scream:

LordHar
05-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Divx trailer is available on the site (www.starcraft2.com)

j00st81
05-19-2007, 10:14 AM
http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Creatures_and_Cartoons/Cartoon_Characters/Butthead.gif

Ivan D Young
05-19-2007, 11:40 AM
I just downloaded the trailer and all I can say is Amazing. The level of detail in their cinematics is gotta be up there with anyone else. Blizzard does not make movies cause of what? The cool factor is just unbelievable, I am humbled. Enjoy!

fasteez
05-19-2007, 11:54 AM
now it's the perfect time to buy a new computer lol

urgaffel
05-19-2007, 12:32 PM
You have to look at the screenshots they have on the site, it's insane. It must be 200 units on the zerg rush screen http://www.urgaffel.com/images/smileys/insane.gif

MAK
05-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Dayyyuummm! The quality of the trailer is just out of this world..argh :eek::buttrock::D:applause:

Trenox
05-19-2007, 12:52 PM
This is gonna be a great year...

what makes you think its gonna be out this year ? Its Blizzard so it probably takes 1-1½ year before its out.. but yes it really does look amazing. However i still havent heard anything about new features or gameplay ideas. just pretty gfx - sooo pretty :)

FunkyCowie
05-19-2007, 01:27 PM
What I'd love Blizzard to do is have Starcraft II so that you can go first person with the side you control and take part in the action, switch to another marine (for example) when that one dies, but you revert to third person when they are all dead or when you choose to back out to check other battles or locations, or you need to command other units. That would totally rock for me, a workable mix of RTS and FP. And have multiplayer FP games CS style with upto 40-64 other people.

ghoul
05-19-2007, 01:39 PM
I dunno what to say. It's awesome and stuff, but there may be an odd thing about the trailer. When the parts are being assembled on the marine, it seems like they'll stay there forever, stuck on his body (the welding part especially). But at the same time parts are worn off and have taken pretty hard beating, scratches, paint damage, meaning they were used in battle before. So, when the war is over, they unweld everything and pull it out of his body?! Isn't it a little ridiculous, when all the high tech is available?

heh, maybe I'm beeing nitpicky but It's just a tought that came to mind after watching the trailer, and I wanted to share it...

But it is very cool for sure. Including the welding shot :) Can't wait to see the other cinematics, especially the zerg ones. yay

-ivan

d4o2
05-19-2007, 01:45 PM
great news, i think now everyone is waiting for starcraft 2 :)
me also :P

icedeyes
05-19-2007, 01:50 PM
I have managed to avoid buying and installiing games on my pc for about 6-8 months because they managed to distract me from my goals most of the time... I hate blizzard because i loved the first game and i am probably not going to sleep once this is out until i finish it (yep... there was an addiction going on there with the first one)...

Damn you Blizzard

PS. I have been waiting for this since brood wars which btw is one of the best games EVER... even better than the original...

ienrdna
05-19-2007, 02:12 PM
holy mother of God!

can someone translate all korean letters and voice acting? please?

j00st81
05-19-2007, 02:31 PM
holy mother of God!

can someone translate all korean letters and voice acting? please?

watch it on the official site for the english version: www.starcraft2.com (http://www.starcraft2.com)

the amount of work that goes into details is really insane in this one, anyone else notice how the inside monitor screen reflects the light on the cheeck of the marine? :D

el_diablo
05-19-2007, 03:15 PM
You think they would announce two years in advance? Besides the gameplay looks pretty complete to me. Also SC2 just looks like a SC heat up for a MMPORG.

what makes you think its gonna be out this year ? Its Blizzard so it probably takes 1-1½ year before its out.. but yes it really does look amazing. However i still havent heard anything about new features or gameplay ideas. just pretty gfx - sooo pretty :)

Rhs_CG
05-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Wow!:bounce:

That was AMAZING! I hope that Blizzard releases a nice 'Art of' book and/or dvd with lots of behind the scenes art and images.

Astounding! Way to go Blizzard! :thumbsup:

Will there be an HD trailer?

Trenox
05-19-2007, 04:57 PM
You think they would announce two years in advance? Besides the gameplay looks pretty complete to me. Also SC2 just looks like a SC heat up for a MMPORG.

No i would guess 1 year to 1½ year - like i wrote. Thats afaik how it usually goes with blizzard productions after they have been made public :)

But maybe this is an exception and they are closer to release than that. However, just because gameplay 'looks' complete doesnt mean that the balance is right and the campaign and story is fleshed out and implemented. Also we see very little of the zerg race until now.

I am actually quite amazed that blizzard went forward with this. Im happy to see that they continue to revive the PC as a gameing platform (no crappy PC<->console relationship to ruin the game) and also that they continue to develop highly competitive games (which there is a lack of, to say the least).

oktawu
05-19-2007, 04:58 PM
can anyone confirm, is this done by blizzard cinematics or some other studio?
if yes, are they still using max for all this? cuz this is just insane.
gives u shivers up ur spine!

Rhs_CG
05-19-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm positive this is Blizzard's cinematics team. As for tools, I think they're still using Max, as they've used Brazil r/s on the previous cinematics sequences. But that's just my guess.

splintah
05-19-2007, 05:20 PM
holy moly !

i managed to keep games off my harddrive for 4 years

for THIS i will have to take a break
. . . . from my life

anybody wants to tell my girlfriend ?
i dont dare to

NME-Se7eN
05-19-2007, 06:02 PM
As time passed and the rumors shifted from Starcraft II to Starcraft MMO, Ghost yet again, and even a first person Lost Vikings, my hopes steadily sank. And now this... and KNOWING Blizzard has forced my hand in upgrading my PC... but I'll wait until we're closer to actual release date.

Phoenixs
05-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Sweet :thumbsup: Blizzard's CG department has done a amazing job :bounce:

Trenox
05-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Someone should plugg that trailer on the front page.. its some sick stuff :)

Finally when one starts to break in to deformation modelling and achieving some highend results Blizzard comes along and sets the bar even higher :P

Damn you :thumbsup:

Rhs_CG
05-19-2007, 08:10 PM
You know, I always wondered why there weren't more cinematics for World of Warcraft, apart from the style of gameplay not really lending itself to cut scenes. They must be working like mad to get the Starcraft II cinematics done.

Wouldn't it be cool if the cinematics team had a blog, and posted tidbits from time to time?

UrbanFuturistic
05-19-2007, 08:16 PM
What is this Star Craft? I'm not really into Pokemon.

Spin99
05-19-2007, 08:27 PM
Wow to the Marine the cryogenics and all the machinery.
Really mind boggling textures and stuff.
And how nice were the Zerg and Protoss cut scenes also?
Looking better than ever imho

Hey I also just noticed they making it a new RTS not an MMORPG :)

So it's kudos to Blizzard all the way, and back to sleepless weekends on BNet again?
It's kind of nice getting older along with Blizzard and their games, it's like they become part of people's lives, along with movie tickets and clubbing and other fun stuff.

P_T
05-19-2007, 08:30 PM
The level of details on that suit of armour is just bloody amazing!! I hope CGtalk can make a feature article on the making of the cinematic.

Arcanox
05-19-2007, 08:32 PM
What I'd love Blizzard to do is have Starcraft II so that you can go first person with the side you control and take part in the action, switch to another marine (for example) when that one dies, but you revert to third person when they are all dead or when you choose to back out to check other battles or locations, or you need to command other units. That would totally rock for me, a workable mix of RTS and FP. And have multiplayer FP games CS style with upto 40-64 other people.

I'm surprised that more studios haven't done this. There's a Halflife mod called Natural Selection that was basically Marines vs Zerg things, there was a commander and deployable turrets and unit upgrades. The mod was pheonominal, and I'd very much like to see Starcraft done this way, or at least a spinoff game.

Spin99
05-19-2007, 08:37 PM
No i would guess 1 year to 1½ year - like i wrote. Thats afaik how it usually goes with blizzard productions after they have been made public :)Uh uh I heard it rumoured for Q4 this year already?

dtang
05-19-2007, 09:07 PM
Watched the cinematic over and over :) That's some mad modeling skill from Fausto De Martini! And prop to everyone worked on the cinematic, amazing feat! Cheers to all you guys worked in Blizzard with more sleepless nights to come to finish the game, where fans and press will pressure you guys until the game ship, then they'll pressure on with the expansion, and then pressure more with next game! It'll never end, but that doesn't slow down on the level of qualities you guys achieve!

ambient-whisper
05-19-2007, 10:02 PM
as far as the game is concerned, i hope they keep building from what they had back in warcraft 3, and not just remake starcraft with new units. warcraft had its issues with heroes at the beginning but after all is said and done ( and patched up ), they add a lot of non linearity to gameplay that will be completely missed if they were to be removed.

ThomasMahler
05-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Now who's up for a Diablo 3 party? ;)

I've never been a Starcraft Fan, this sci-fi thing just doesn't work for me. I'd have loved to see Warcraft IV or Diablo 3. Gee, I have a 3 to 1 chance and I miss. Yuck.

bigGnomon
05-19-2007, 10:21 PM
---------------

DuttyFoot
05-19-2007, 10:48 PM
a diablo 3 would totally rock.

BookMansBlues
05-19-2007, 10:53 PM
I've probaly watch this like 20 times allready!

and will probably watch it 20 mor times before I go to sleep!

The Warcraft and Starcraft universes are part of why I do what I do today :)

amannin
05-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words. Rest assured the Blizzard Cinematics team reads these forums. Glad you enjoyed the end result of alot of hours of hard work.

We'll look into doing an article for CGTalk if our PR/Marketing team will allow it. ;)

-jh

That would be awesome!

Wow, love that 2nd screenshot -- look at all those ZERG :eek: -- come on trailer, hurry up and load...

haha, its about time indeed -- Awesome intro trailer!!!

leigh
05-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for the kind words. Rest assured the Blizzard Cinematics team reads these forums. Glad you enjoyed the end result of alot of hours of hard work.

Hi Jason - great to see a response from a member of the crew. I absolutely adore this cinematic. I've watched it a couple of times already and I just love the stylised realism (of course, Blizzard has always been fantastic at this).

Fabulous work, all of you. I can't wait for the game.

Spin99
05-19-2007, 11:29 PM
mass zergling rush -> hydra hit and run -> mass mutas!!
You noticed how nice mutas now look?
Pity they not introducing heros though :(

Maybe on the expansion pack?

So that's what Blizz been up to all this time behind everyone's backs?
Remember the 3D SC2 tease at the end of the warcraft single player campaign?

Rhs_CG
05-19-2007, 11:33 PM

We'll look into doing an article for CGTalk if our PR/Marketing team will allow it. ;)

-jh

Thanks for putting a word in on the artists' behalf. Kudos to you and the team. Can't wait to see the final work.

leigh
05-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Someone should plugg that trailer on the front page.. its some sick stuff

Just did it :)

Steve Green
05-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Wow - that was so slick it was unreal.

I'm so annoyed that my projector decided to go kaput before I got the chance to watch this trailer on it...

- Steve

harmonic01
05-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Big congrats to the cinematic team. I love all the skin/bone/fat intrraction. great to see a cinematic with that much attention to detail. :thumbsup: Heh, and of course, it wouldn't be StarCraft without the sigar. :buttrock:

bigGnomon
05-19-2007, 11:48 PM
---------------

FabioMSilva
05-19-2007, 11:57 PM
>>> it wouldn't be a StarCraft without the sigar.<<<

Blizzard Entertainment does not endorse smoking cigars inside a helmet with the blast shield down. Whatever space marines decided to do on their own time is their business. Kids don't try it at home. :)

-jh

haha! good to see you guys around

lutonomy
05-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Blizzard Entertainment does not endorse smoking cigars inside a helmet with the blast shield down. Whatever space marines decided to do on their own time is their business. Kids don't try it at home. :)

haha, yeah that's awesome. And smoking AND breathing second hand smoke simultaneously is totally hardcore! :thumbsup:

Stunning cinematic, just amazing!

3d55steven
05-20-2007, 12:05 AM
:) ............................

Apoclypse
05-20-2007, 12:07 AM
I dunno what to say. It's awesome and stuff, but there may be an odd thing about the trailer. When the parts are being assembled on the marine, it seems like they'll stay there forever, stuck on his body (the welding part especially). But at the same time parts are worn off and have taken pretty hard beating, scratches, paint damage, meaning they were used in battle before. So, when the war is over, they unweld everything and pull it out of his body?! Isn't it a little ridiculous, when all the high tech is available?

heh, maybe I'm beeing nitpicky but It's just a tought that came to mind after watching the trailer, and I wanted to share it...

But it is very cool for sure. Including the welding shot :) Can't wait to see the other cinematics, especially the zerg ones. yay

-ivan

My guess is that Terrans use Prisoners as Marines, probably with some sort of incentive for there families if they defeat the enemy. They will most likely not get back alive but the suit is probably made to be taken apart if the host dies, Everything is welded together so that the prisoner doesn't escape (he is still a prisoner after all) but if he dies the armor can be taken apart and used again if necessary. That's what I get anyway.

Apoclypse
05-20-2007, 12:10 AM

-jh

I'm also wondering how can he see with all that smoke in the suit. Is there some sort of life support system in the suit? It might make sense if the suit is made for space battle, which might also explain it girth. I'm a geek, I know, but these things have to be explained.

dtang
05-20-2007, 12:19 AM
makes me wonder what other easter egg (http://members.shaw.ca/davetang/Personal/starcraft2_easteregg.jpg) they've been hiding in the trailer :D

amannin
05-20-2007, 12:24 AM
makes me wonder what other easter egg (http://members.shaw.ca/davetang/Personal/starcraft2_easteregg.jpg) they've been hiding in the trailer :D

goodeye! -- too bad the preview always skipped a little at that part -- never even noticed :shrug:

oh man, i need to stop starring at the new Starcraft 2 website -- gotta get back to work...

shincartoon
05-20-2007, 12:26 AM

-jh

Harharhar Even adults should not try it at home HA HA ha

Ultra Fantastic job guys. The cinematic looks Totally Awesome. I can't wait to see it in HD quality.

Dudes.... Being Korean. I was thrilled to see the Korean language. ^_^

Apoclypse
05-20-2007, 12:31 AM

Wow were you watching the trailer frame by frame or something. That's insane.

Gwot
05-20-2007, 12:34 AM
Holy mother of moley! You guys seriously need to make a full blown movie. So hot!

Great Respect.

bigGnomon
05-20-2007, 01:02 AM
---------------

sjaak
05-20-2007, 01:06 AM
I found this somewhere: http://sc2news.com/ It links to some youtube pages, including ingame footage.

Spin99
05-20-2007, 01:15 AM
Heh is > THIS (http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5107/egg2mh4.jpg) < another egg?

Aliosa
05-20-2007, 01:40 AM
so. this is my first post here. i only wana say that blizzard guys are the reason why i do what i do in my life and what i take my decisions to become a better person.

this starcraft2 really killed me.

i only can say . blizzard guys . u gods! u are just gods!

i'm crying now

pswitzer
05-20-2007, 01:54 AM
Fantastic. That certainly whet my appetite... Incredible work BFD, you can't hear it enough!

ragdoll
05-20-2007, 01:56 AM
hell... it's about time...

kary
05-20-2007, 02:11 AM
as far as the game is concerned, i hope they keep building from what they had back in warcraft 3, and not just remake starcraft with new units. warcraft had its issues with heroes at the beginning but after all is said and done ( and patched up ), they add a lot of non linearity to gameplay that will be completely missed if they were to be removed.

Heroes are interesting, but Brood War has a crazy amount of depth and didn't felt the lack of them. Hopefully they can figure out a way to do a Warcraft4 for the heroes concept, and let SC2 please a Broodwar puritan ;)

Nice job by the cinematic team as usual, they can get that SC 'world' feel into a very short format :)

depleteD
05-20-2007, 02:22 AM
This was excellent, I would love to see a feature of this quality.

I was really impressed with the thinking behind the designs and showing whats underneath the starcraft marines armor and the functionallity of it. The attention to detail was absolutley brilliant.

Was this showing what goes on inside the baracks as a marine is being "built".

I love seeing stuff like this, really inspires me and gets me motivated.

You guys should take all that WOW money and make a feature. 2 hours of that quality would be too insane. I wouldn't be able to handle that shit.

Respect.

Koogle
05-20-2007, 02:22 AM
hurray..for Starcraft2, and rumour is its coming out this year! around october? I hope so, either way Its great to know years of waiting for Blizzard to announce the sequal to this kick ass game is finally coming. And its looking every bit as good as the original, and finally a higher res than 640x480 woohoo :D

just hope the bg music will be as good as Starcraft 1..game music seems to have taken a major nose dive in most games released these days.

Garibaldi
05-20-2007, 02:25 AM
This was excellent, I would love to see a feature of this quality.

I was really impressed with the thinking behind the designs and showing whats underneath the starcraft marines armor and the functionallity of it. The attention to detail was absolutley brilliant.

Was this showing what goes on inside the barracks as a marine is being "built".

I love seeing stuff like this, really inspires me and gets me motivated.

You guys should take all that WOW money and make a feature. 2 hours of that quality would be too insane. I wouldn't be able to handle that shit.

Respect.

Never seen much less played Starcraft, but quoted for agreement all the same. That video was very well done. Almost makes me want to ttry the game.

WesleyTack
05-20-2007, 02:34 AM
Where are those screencaps coming from? Is there a HD version available somewhere?

shincartoon
05-20-2007, 02:57 AM
Where are those screencaps coming from? Is there a HD version available somewhere?

HD versions are available for download at

http://www.starcraft2.com/

Duhast
05-20-2007, 02:59 AM
Starcraft 2... what a shocker. LOL

Rhs_CG
05-20-2007, 03:06 AM
Imagine a 1080p HD version. :scream:

P_T
05-20-2007, 03:17 AM
Glad you enjoyed the end result of alot of hours of hard work.

We'll look into doing an article for CGTalk if our PR/Marketing team will allow it. Would you be able to tell us how long it took to model that suit of armor?

Just show the marketing people how many people check this thread and how much interest it will generate. Simply put, tell them it's a very effective free advertisement.

bigGnomon
05-20-2007, 03:47 AM
---------------

bigGnomon
05-20-2007, 03:52 AM
If you dig the marine model be sure to check out the statue from Sideshow Collectibles that's for sale too. Limited release.

https://us.blizzard.com/sc2collectible/starcraft2/menu.html

-jh

biriba
05-20-2007, 04:13 AM
Heh is > THIS (http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5107/egg2mh4.jpg) < another egg?

I thought it would that longer for you guys to find the hidden stuff :)

Cheers,

Biriba

BuendiaCG
05-20-2007, 04:32 AM
:D-------------------------------------

P_T
05-20-2007, 04:41 AM
If you dig the marine model be sure to check out the statue from Sideshow Collectibles that's for sale too. Limited release.

https://us.blizzard.com/sc2collectible/starcraft2/menu.html

-jhI already got my credit card out... but then I found out Blizzard won't ship to Australia.

You're right though, I really dig that model and if you have artbook or behind the scene video, I'll get it for sure. It's not just the model though, love the animation on that marine with the subtle jiggles and the bones on top of his feet.

Reo
05-20-2007, 04:46 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Geta-Ve
05-20-2007, 04:52 AM
Wow the place is jumpin' with Blizzard employee's! I wonder if the statue comes apart too?

What amazed me was the pants..or more specificly the fuzz on the pants, well that and the textures on the parts inside the suit, it looked like there were actual "instructions so to speak on each part, serial numbers, and the weld lines, incredible detail.

Question, how did you know when that was too much detail and when it wasn't enough? Who thinks of adding weld lines?!

*sigh* Insane stuff to be sure.

Soverign
05-20-2007, 04:55 AM
incredible stuff, the cinematics are...well, pretty much the best fully digital stuff out there.

I'll admit I'm not thrilled that Blizzard seems to be playing it REALLY straight in terms of the gameplay (admitedly this is just derived from the screenshots, but it sure as hell does look just like Starcraft I--in 3D), but considering I was never a huge SC fan in the first place, I'm probably in some minority ;)

Either way, I'll probably end up drowning myself in my own drool watching these cinematics...

bigGnomon
05-20-2007, 04:59 AM
---------------

Rhs_CG
05-20-2007, 04:59 AM
Thanks for all the kind words guys, it really does make it all worth the while.

:)

You guys deserve it. Thanks for pushing the medium, and inspiring aspiring artists.

By the way, did the animation of the marine suits involve a lot of rigid body dynamics, or was it all careful, accurate animation?

Kevin1981
05-20-2007, 05:00 AM
10years.....:love: :twisted: :bounce:

3Dmation
05-20-2007, 05:28 AM
*****:);):):);):):):):):)

yinako
05-20-2007, 05:40 AM
I thought the marine before been armored looks like the same warlock character in wow intro, maybe its the jiggle and how his foot moved. perhaps same model and rigg?

Gkaine
05-20-2007, 05:42 AM
really nice guys, it looks beautiful.
its especially moving to here the crowd cheering overtop of it.

amannin
05-20-2007, 05:55 AM
If completing maps to advance story arcs isn't enough of an incentive to play through the storymode campaign, these awe-inspiring cinematics certainly will be...

i cant wait to see more!

Geta-Ve
05-20-2007, 06:03 AM
Thought I'd jump in, since it seems eveybody else is doing it;) Hee hee, how do you know when it's too much detail? This project was fun, because we could go crazy with detail. The marine sweats even in a couple shots, the welding bead is there, scorch marks. The hair, fuzz on pants, threads even, the ash in the cigar deforming as he inhales, it's all there. It was great fun. Of course with all this detail, made for complicated renders and comps, but heck, was worth it. Glad everybody likes it.

Barry Berman

Liked would be an understatement at this point ;) You guys are all in the thread and there are so many questions I have, yet I feel greedy, plus I know you can't answer all of them due to legalities and such..

Though I will ask anyways, you can always not answer eh? :P

The scar on his stomach makes for some interesting thought process, this guy definitely has a past, but who did it to him? He is the criminal, not the other way around. Is that his armour? I am assuming not. However he knew what to do when he got in the room so perhaps..
And we don't really get to see anything being screwed in to his matrix-esque notches on his shoulders and such.

Whoever came up with all the moving parts is genius. Does everything work realisticly? Hydraulics and such? When/why did you decide you need another wire 'there', or another hose attached to 'that'?

The whole concept of the room and the suit is what intrigues (spelling?) me. All those moving parts. I guess this guy is in a different class of marine then the ones accompanying the 'Ghost' in SC Ghost (if you are allowed to even say)

I find it ammusing that he has this massively ripped back and arms, yet he maintains such a great beer belly. :D

However, the only thing that really irks me, and I think it only really works because of the great deep, gravel voice is the spoken line, "hell, it's about time" I would have thought "It's about damn time" would have flowed a lot better?

I want to say so much more but I shall stop for now. Awesomeness.

amannin
05-20-2007, 06:17 AM
I find it ammusing that he has this massively ripped back and arms, yet he maintains such a great beer belly. :D

I say it makes him look more burely, well, that and the body hair -- which is what I would assume they were going for.

I just dont think I could imagine a real tough, burely guy with a divine 8 pack and razor etched obliques........nope, just cant :D

masterx3k
05-20-2007, 06:19 AM
I was in awe while watching the trailer. Watching that first bolt being screwed in was awesome as well as the pants deforming when the cuffs were taken off.

I've always appreciated what you guys do and it's been a dream of mine to do what you do. Hell, it's how I got interested in 3D. I was around when fausto put up his marine to get a job with you guys forever ago.

PS: You guys hiring? :p ;)

AaronChan
05-20-2007, 06:25 AM
..........:thumbsup:

bigGnomon
05-20-2007, 06:44 AM
---------------

P_T
05-20-2007, 07:09 AM
I'm guessing he's a Terran killing machine/anti hero with a good heart who has problems with authority, imprisoned for disobeying orders and possibly killing his superior or letting them die.

Geta Ve, take a look at the first Predator, they're mostly ripped, apart from the beer belly, except the governator of course. :D

I wanna ask about what looks like a pair of propulsion system on the back of the armor. If it is, why is it pointing up?

bigGnomon
05-20-2007, 07:17 AM
---------------

RockinAkin
05-20-2007, 07:23 AM
Just thought I'd jump in here to congratulate everyone at blizzard who worked on that cinematic. :thumbsup:
Fantastic, inspiring work - cant wait to see all the other cutscenes when the game hits the shelves.

shinja
05-20-2007, 07:26 AM
All you BLIZZARD artists are awesome ! unbelievably good amount of talent.

Well done on all that hard work on Starcraft II.

Geta-Ve
05-20-2007, 07:28 AM
>>>I wanna ask about what looks like a pair of propulsion system on the back of the armor. If it is, why is it pointing up?<<<

How else are you going to keep your footing on a low gravity planet without something to push you back down. ;)

Either that or they're vents for his personal nuclear reactor that powers his armor.

-jh

Please do not shoot at the thermal ne-cu-lear DEVICE!.. :D

Soooo, he is a test subject, a man clearly sentinced to death, yet they army has a brand spankin new armour to test out, but it is still in "beta" if you will. Why should they risk their own men when they have Mr. Death Sentence sitting right over there.

However I am guessing it is like P_T said, a little bit of demolition man going on, he used to be a high up military guy, made some bad moves took some wrong directions in his life, and the government has no choice but to execute him. He is probably a zerg/toss "hunter" if you will, hence why he is so eager to get back to the fight.

Then again, who knows.

By the way, bigGnomon, I want to sincerely thank you for answering some of the questions I had asked. Very insightful. Wonder if we will ever get to see that foxy ghost again ;)

P_T
05-20-2007, 07:33 AM
How else are you going to keep your footing on a low gravity planet without something to push you back down. ;)

Either that or they're vents for his personal nuclear reactor that powers his armor.

-jhI'll take the nuclear reactor explanation, sounds cooler.

Wished you guys showed us a bit more of Zeratul, from the brief cut, looks like he's a badass kungfu fighting Protoss. :D

Mortis
05-20-2007, 07:33 AM
this freaks me out.

Blizzard cinematics have always been a great inspiration and they are the very reason, why Im doing CG right now. It all started once with DiabloII and now when I take a look at this, I definitly know why Im doing this job. Somehow Blizzard never lost their kind of magic.
In fact when I've seen it, I almost got tears in my eyes by all the style, the quallity, the whole setup.
Im looking forward to see an article behind the scene. I hope it wont take too long. ;)

Congrats to the whole departement. I bow for thee :bowdown:

KolbyJukes
05-20-2007, 07:36 AM
the cinematic blew my mind. Amazing work guys, congrats to everybody who worked on it.

-K.

PhuongDPh
05-20-2007, 07:38 AM
:eek: too many replies for a few hours
http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

marvelatthedust
05-20-2007, 07:50 AM
amazing amazing work guys! I have to agree with a few posts ahead of me... the first time i loaded up diablo, and i saw the crow pecking the eye of some corpse, and the knight searching the village, i knew i had to get into cgi, then the cutscenes in every single Blizzard game had just ingrained it even deeper in me... thanks blizzard! you guys re truly awe inspiring!

and, seriously. when are you guys just going to make movies? i would watch it in theatres ten times...

thatoneguy
05-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Technically as always the work was amazing. But what I was most impressed with was the direction and cinematography. The reason I can never bring myself around to work at a game company is because of the pervasive disregard for story and visual aesthetic so any work that is contrary to that expectation is always doubly impressive.

It is obvious from the quality of your cinematics (this one being no exception) that you actually put time, thought and effort into your cinematic story telling techniques and don't just grab some clueless art director off the street and call him a cinematographer *cough gears of war cough*. Or if you do, at least he's a talented clueless art director :D. I'm curious what your process is for your cinematics, is the direction a communal effort or do you have a team to work on your film 'grammar'?

P.S. the subtle handheld shake during the master shot was almost perfect absolutely brilliant.

Nixon
05-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Congrats to the whole team on the excellent work you've done! It seems like ages since the first starcraft cinematics made such an impression on me and I wondered when exactly there's gonna be a sequel to watch new kick ass Starcraft CG.

There definatelly has to be an art book with the release of the game, like the one on Gears of War - Character Modelling 2. If your PR department and Ballistic aren't talking already, I hope they read this now, because Starscraft to many people in my country is like RELIGION (and I guess all over the world its the same). I have many friends and colleagues that are still interested and watching for news and stuff. I mean Starcraft is soo popular to gamers and so inspirational as concept and artwork to many CG artists, I guess the book will pre-sell if its properly advertised. I'm definatally on the waiting list, the minute its available.

Now I wonder if your management is talking to Hollywood studios about a movie or even working on some scripts.

Hope to see more artwork and info soon, good luck to all Blizzard guys!

JuGGerNauTT
05-20-2007, 08:19 AM

-jh

That would be super awesome guys!! Congrats again for the awesome work done on all levels. Everything was super amazing, but what really strikes me though is the amount of detail put into animating those bare feet of the inmate!!!. The rigging, but also the crazily talented animators work put there must be insane :O. It would be really great to have an inside on the rigging process in a dvd from Blizzard Cinematics team......ah well we can only dream ;)

MikeNash
05-20-2007, 08:22 AM
http://games.internode.on.net/filelist.php?filedetails=8386

Another link to get the trailer since blizzard one is really slow right now

lukx
05-20-2007, 08:26 AM
unbelivable! I would love to see making of. The one who did uvwarping should got some ultra patience award I think :)

BuendiaCG
05-20-2007, 08:44 AM
:eek:........................................

d4o2
05-20-2007, 08:47 AM
just seen the trailer, great work and congratulations to them :)

DDS
05-20-2007, 08:48 AM
hmmmm...awesome!! u guys kick ass. I really dig those 10 seconds where it's showing his feet and the ankle locking system gets released, with that realistic cloth flowing and all...flawless? :wise:

Apoclypse
05-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Has Blizzard ever released a best of DVD or something for their cinematics? I hav an incredible urge to go watch some of there old stuff. I already own SC and WC3 with their respective expansion packs but I've never played Diablo and I remember the trailer for Diablo 2 was incredible.

Quinchoncho
05-20-2007, 09:14 AM
OMG

amazing how after all this comments I still could be this amazed

my jaw just hurts after this trailer

urgaffel
05-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Hats off to the Blizzard cinematics team, it's just jaw droppingly gorgeous. Please, for the love of all that is cool, do a making of so we can see at least some of the magic behind the scenes :) If you could do something like you did for the WoW collectors edition that'd be awesome. Or just a short movie showing different stages and rig tests etc... Anything! Can't wait for it to be released, I recently started playing the first one and it's still great :D

Quinchoncho
05-20-2007, 09:22 AM
Has Blizzard ever released a best of DVD or something for their cinematics? I hav an incredible urge to go watch some of there old stuff. I already own SC and WC3 with their respective expansion packs but I've never played Diablo and I remember the trailer for Diablo 2 was incredible.

yeah I remember there was a dvd of the cinematics, at least there was in the times before w3 I think. Dont know if the have updated it or anything, look in the store.

Now I reaaally wanna get that marine sculpture.....

aeres
05-20-2007, 09:25 AM
The cinematics just gets better and better game after game, and when you think that nothing can possibly top the last.....it gets EVEN BETTER!! :eek:

Inspirational stuffs :thumbsup:

P_T
05-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Has Blizzard ever released a best of DVD or something for their cinematics? I hav an incredible urge to go watch some of there old stuff. I already own SC and WC3 with their respective expansion packs but I've never played Diablo and I remember the trailer for Diablo 2 was incredible.I got their cinematics collection DVDs but they only got Diablo2, SC+broodwars and WC3 in the pack. Nothing from Frozen Throne onwards.

AkaKico
05-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Me and a friend spent quite a few hours talking about nothing but Starcraft today. I've been out of gaming for a little while now but I think I'll be sucked back in by this! Absolutely fantastic stuff you Blizzard guys created! Excuse me while I pick up my jaw!

mv
05-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Great work Fausto and team ! :))

D`Cloud
05-20-2007, 11:13 AM
there shouldn't be heroes in it.. it would be just another warcraft. stick with the old guns and improve the old gameplay

SinSonic
05-20-2007, 11:16 AM
With the storys and animations thay have with WarCraft and StarCraft, Im sure a CG movie based on one of thees would be a grate hit since there are to few a bit more action packed CG movies out there. Its only the asians like "Ghost in a shell 1 and 2" that have the guts so far to do this. So come on, you have shown it agin, and im sure it would work if it ware to be done.:thumbsup:

ecsdesign
05-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Stunning work. Love that handheld camera work. Looking forward to the next cinematic.

ev

kazziu
05-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Question to bigGnomon.
How long would it take the team to finish a full-lenght(2 hour) movie of this quality?.
I mean FFantasy was nice, but Blizzard directing, and the artistic quality would bring a box office bomb don't you think??
I second what SinSonic sad earlier....

rheece
05-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Awesome stuff! The cinematic is simply stunning. Looking forward to seeing some of the in game footage.

Not sure if anyones asked this question but how does a guy with all that bolted on armour actually go to the toilet ;)

FistOfGod
05-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Very nice work BFD. I especially liked the tendons moving around in his feet and the smoke was pretty damn cool. Awesome texturing.

Laa-Yosh
05-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Seriously incredible work... Hats of to the entire team!

VarX
05-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Superb work guys, you raised once again the bar of quality of FMVs! Well done.

One thing that I did notice and made me great impression is the cigar's smoke at the close up shot of the marine, which reacts accordingly to the exhaled breath while he is speaking as it happens in reality.

This proofs once again that everyone in the team is a perfectionist and does well for being one :)

Congratulations to the entire team

P.S.The highest resolution of the cinematic I found is 1024x436 and you can download it from gamespot.com. The only problem is that requires premium membership to do so.

Gräck
05-20-2007, 02:20 PM
Blizzard is just the coolest game developer in the world. Did you read the FAQ on the website? They don't care a thing about deadlines:

As with all Blizzard games, we will take as much time as needed to ensure the game is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible. I'm looking forward to this brilliant game.

cornel
05-20-2007, 02:29 PM
some more ingame footage appeared.

gameplay video 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-x0tS506hdk

gameplay video 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7j1EEkc_TrI

gameplay video 3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iMSZRW3HCe0

gamplay video 4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rU7HAtouAAo

gjpetch
05-20-2007, 02:37 PM
Stupidly awesome work, highest congratulations to all involved.

j00st81
05-20-2007, 03:12 PM
some more ingame footage appeared.

gameplay video 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-x0tS506hdk

gameplay video 2
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7j1EEkc_TrI

gameplay video 3
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iMSZRW3HCe0

gamplay video 4
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rU7HAtouAAo

nice, noticed the nightelf hologram dancing in the first movie?
I'm wondering if those close up character screens that pop up from time to time are ingame engine or cg movies, they look incredibly detailled (specially that glowy eyed captain)

Abaddon
05-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Thats cinematic is astonishing in its detail and look. Congrats to the team. :thumbsup:

turx
05-20-2007, 03:36 PM
awesome work! this made my day! i can watch this all day in a loop!
you blizzard guys, you're an amazing team! congrats!

RicoD
05-20-2007, 04:31 PM
I can only say: WOW (no pun intended)!

Heh, is this a "meet-and-greet" with Blizzard? So cool to see you guys here! I can just feel the commitment and love for the whole thing and it shows!

Ah, I've waited so long ... so long ... Oh wait, we'll have to wait some more. :banghead:

Titan
05-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Congrats Blizzard team...the game is long overdue....as is more Starcraft eyecandy....that cinematic was stunning and made me remember why I love CG...

couldnt help but notice though, that marine wasnt wearing any socks, and those metal booties he steps on dont look overly comfortable...he's gonna have the mother of all blisters..lol

also , I couldnt make it out, but what does his tattoo say on his back....I noticed the one on the knuckles that said pain..

mummey
05-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Anyone know if Blizzard is going to be at Comic-Con?

3Dmation
05-20-2007, 05:54 PM
*****;):):):):):)

Ivan D Young
05-20-2007, 05:59 PM
O.K. here is a crazy suggestion, if you were to poll all of the WOW subscribers many would be happy to pay a few dollars more per month if they knew it was funding an all CG movie by Blizzard. Hell, if you made it a quest somehow or a game type of challenge you could pay for the movie in no time. Everyone would love to see you guys at the cinematic team lay down the smack!!
One crazy question now, Will the cinematic team be contributing to the Warcraft movie VFX or Animation?

Rockalicious
05-20-2007, 06:13 PM

Done! (http://savage2.s2games.com/)

Although I believe you don't switch between, I think you play in teams, and one person controls the RTS aspect, while the rest are fps fighters.

japetus
05-20-2007, 06:19 PM
That's the best cinematic I've seen in years!!! Amazing job guys...I've been hoping for SC2 for years and had almost abandoned hope! I can't wait for it to come out... :applause: :applause: :applause:

daart
05-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Alternative dl link:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_19226.shtml

AnthonyTaylor
05-20-2007, 06:40 PM
The marine at the end says "what took you so long?" in Korean(so I've been told)

He says, "Hell, It's about time."

i dunno if osmeone posted before me, but i just thought i would clearify.

Amazing...Just amazing

minminxu
05-20-2007, 06:43 PM
although I do not like play games.....but i still want to say:wow...you guys are done some great works.....Congrats Blizzard team....

--
PS: um um....my younger brother adores play <World Of Warcraft> with <Starcraft>
on computer......:bounce: :bounce:

AndHolzmeister
05-20-2007, 06:58 PM
what to expect from blizzard? nothing less than that! You guys rock! I am too a CG artist thanks to blizzard, i was very inspired in the beginning of my career so, i bow to you guys!

bigGnomon
05-20-2007, 07:21 PM
---------------

BuendiaCG
05-20-2007, 08:04 PM
:applause:...................................................

eol
05-20-2007, 08:11 PM
WOW
Congratulations for all of you guys!!! Its breathtaking

DruG
05-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Here I am, standing in front of my GODS and don`t know what to say or ask.

What`s the meanin of life?
Would you take my sister as a tribute?

;)

But seriously... Thank you Blizzard team for showing us how to make perfect cinematics, perfect trailers and perfect games, too!
It`s always an inspiration.

I hate the fact that I don`t live in US and can`t meet you personally to shake your hand and... bring my sister as a tribute ;) ;) ;)

Keep doin what you`re doin, cuz it`s the best.

*suckin up mode off*

And hey... you better give us making of or else! ;)

Oh, btw, I was always curious - do you guys play WoW? ;)

Gräck
05-20-2007, 08:51 PM
Cool to meet you guys from Blizzard here.

One question: How much time does it take to create such a cinematic trailer or how many people are in the cinematic team?

EDIT:

But seriously... Thank you Blizzard team for showing us how to make perfect cinematics, perfect trailers and perfect games, too!

Unfortunately they don't show how to make them, they just show how they look. ;)

DruG
05-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Nah... I don`t care how they model or animate. I care how they make it all work.

Gräck
05-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Nah... I don`t care how they model or animate. I care how they make it all work.
Exactly what I'm wondering about. I think it's because they can take the time they need to create what they have in mind. And this is really enviable.

gilley
05-20-2007, 09:05 PM
He says, "Hell, It's about time."

i dunno if osmeone posted before me, but i just thought i would clearify.

Amazing...Just amazing

Roger that

I'm kicking my korean translator in the balls right now :)

So uh....are we going to have a SC2 friends and family beta test? I'd love to get in on that.

bigquix
05-20-2007, 09:29 PM
Wow, Can't wait to see a better version of that trailer. That looks really great! Blizzards cinematics are really top notch!

you can check out the offical site.
http://www.blizzard.com/
I have downloaded the DVIX version and I'm sure if you see it, your jaw will definitely drop on the floor!

Jadetiger
05-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Just when I had thought I had lost almost all interest in Starcraft after they cancelled Ghost.... This looks so freakin tight! The textures and animation are amazing on that! I gotta watch that in HD!

Invid
05-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Gametrailers.com has the HD version also.

MinaRagaie
05-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Second that....
HELL, it's about time :buttrock:

MrPositive
05-20-2007, 10:53 PM
Wow super detailed armor outfit. Can anyone honestly say they wouldn't pay to see a feature length movie of that quality?

zenarion
05-20-2007, 10:54 PM
I just wish that any Blizzard guys could post some of their WIPs. Or just pictures of themselves. Do people work at Blizzard, or is that just some kind of divine guidance?

MrPositive
05-20-2007, 10:59 PM
I just wish that any Blizzard guys could post some of their WIPs. Or just pictures of themselves. Do people work at Blizzard, or is that just some kind of divine guidance?

It is kind of strange how we now know everyone who works for Bungie, but Blizzard creation is an anomaly? Maybe it is divine.

Aritz
05-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Congratulations Blizzard. This is the best cg work I see in years.
I´m corious about motion blur you used. Is it a post effect or is 3d mblur?

bigGnomon
05-20-2007, 11:41 PM
---------------

erilaz
05-21-2007, 12:50 AM
If it isn't already in the works, i'd love to see a CGS feature with you all on this.

This cinematic has really made my week. I mostly play Blizzard games to see the movie awesomeness, so they've really made a good investment with you guys. :D

Absolutely stunning. We just keep playing it over and over in the office marveling at the next piece of detail we missed!

LOVE the enemy tally scored into his armour by the way.

neonneo
05-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Any advice for aspiring Cinematic artists :D

GatorNic
05-21-2007, 01:24 AM
I just wet myself. :eek:

EricDLegare
05-21-2007, 01:29 AM

Seriously :D

Farsh
05-21-2007, 01:48 AM
As always, amazing work. I checked out the older starcraft movies on youtube and its suddenly quite apparent how far blizzard's cinematics have gone since then, although back then I remember the intro for brood war had my mouth gaping.

dkennewell
05-21-2007, 02:19 AM
Hi Jason,

Awesome cinematic, everyone here in the office just gathered around to watch it and we are all pretty damn impressed.

Just a quick question, how many guys do you have on your cinematic team? and of those people, how many are divided up into their individual positions? (how many animators, how many concept artists for example)

I'm just getting some information on how other CG teams operate at the moment, so your knowledge would be most valuable.

salmonmoose
05-21-2007, 03:04 AM
Brilliant!

See how you go with your PR people, I'd love to see an article on the making of this stuff :)

3DChobo
05-21-2007, 03:40 AM
The cinematic is so awesome !!!

but the screenshots totally pissed me off, some units just looked horrible; but the gameplay i saw was a bit reasurring.

I played Starcraft since '99 very competetivley, bust stopped for over a year now.

I don't really like the fact that the game is 3D like WC3..'cos the fast pace of the game will seem to suffer from it.

erilaz
05-21-2007, 03:51 AM
It may have already been asked:
How long did the change from Korean to English take (or vice versa), since the rendered text on the screens is also translated? Was it a big job to do that, or just a couple of sequences?

dkennewell
05-21-2007, 05:35 AM
All of Jason's posts have been taken down?

Well, i guess that's the end of that then :(

neonneo
05-21-2007, 06:12 AM
lame! more questions need more answers :D

mummey
05-21-2007, 06:30 AM

Well, where are you now? and where do you want to go from here?

neonneo
05-21-2007, 07:19 AM
I don't want to thread jack so I keep it brief, jason already gave me some advice :D.
I'm working on my reel and I aspire to be a Character modeler/texture artist.

Which reminds me, someone tell Faust hurry up and release the gnomon dvd plzz :D

Munumunup
05-21-2007, 07:36 AM
"Hell, its about time"

..........Its been worth the wait!

gjpetch
05-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Noting that bigGnomons posts have been taken down, presumably because of an angry producer? Excuse me going off topic but may I just say its uncool and counterproductive when this happens. Berating your employees for being publicly proud of their work makes them feel bad, gives your company a bad rep, and eliminates a free source of publicity.

I'd like to cite this (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=2&t=379460&page=1&pp=15) thread on ILMs work on Pirates of the Caribbean as a much more imitable approach, several artist go into quite some technical detail about their work, which created a LOT of interest, was generally very cool, and clearly didn't make ILM explode in a ball of fire.

Excuse the rant.... pet peeve.

erilaz
05-21-2007, 08:03 AM
I would presume nothing. Whatever the problem was, i'm sure it's reasonable. In the past, Blizzard have been more than happy to share the goodness when the time is right.

Ivan D Young
05-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Well I might have to reconsider how cool blizzard is, if the posts were removed at someones request at Blizzard. Their stuff is really good, but if they can't relax and let the artists have a little fun, where nothing has been divulged or leaked then that is really sad. Well I can't wait for the new super cool thread for Pirates 3 which should start in couple of days. Maybe soneone should send a link to Blizzard.

amannin
05-21-2007, 08:22 AM
that's too bad about losing our Blizzard reps :(

hopefully you guys can come back soon and share with us more of your work and maybe a little behind the scenes :thumbsup:

BookMansBlues
05-21-2007, 08:59 AM
yeah very dissapointing, i can only hope that there will be a "happy" reason for it, or the at very least nothing bad having occured.

For all the good it does thanks for sharing while you could, I know many (if not all) of really appreciated your time and efforts.

evilwabbit
05-21-2007, 09:08 AM
thats sick.. some of the most detailed cg i have seen in a while - you could have given him some socks though wouldnt be to nice running around in metal boots bare foot poor convict

oktawu
05-21-2007, 09:38 AM
or maybe the boots have an inner rubber layer that u might have missed :)

erilaz
05-21-2007, 09:46 AM
thats sick.. some of the most detailed cg i have seen in a while - you could have given him some socks though wouldnt be to nice running around in metal boots bare foot poor convict

I'm sure his feet would be the least of his worries on an alien infested radiation-drenched battlefield. :p

Besides, with all the nuclear power running through that thing, i'm sure it's well heated. :D

DruG
05-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Blizz can`t let them talk about how they did stuff. Who would buy their Making of DVD? ;D

I`m cool with that tho. Business is business :)

BookMansBlues
05-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Blizz can`t let them talk about how they did stuff. Who would buy their Making of DVD? ;D

I`m cool with that tho. Business is business :)

just about everyone is my guess, I know I would ;)

DruG
05-21-2007, 11:32 AM
Me too, but maybe Blizz don`t believe in me ;)

Sokrat
05-21-2007, 11:45 AM
Awesome cinematic guys, you made a great job !!!
u remind me why I love CG
of course the effect ( design modeling ,lighting, textures,etc) are greats but what impress me too, is your directing , the cut, the plan especially this one where U can read ''pain'' on hand's character...

As many , I hope to see a making of , (and a Gnomon DVD by Fausto ;)

Congrats !!

PS: and thanks to all Blizzard artists to share their experiences..

Djampa
05-21-2007, 12:34 PM
As many , I hope to see a making of , (and a Gnomon DVD by Fausto ;)

Yeah, waiting for this one too. ;)

Congratulations on this new game, I'm a big fan of Starcraft. Cinematics seems to be all great. Keep it up.

BTW... NDA is NDA... right? ;)

Best wishes,

yinako
05-21-2007, 01:06 PM
What is that booster thing behind marines back?

is it a cooler/air con for the suit? a steam pack? a down thrust keep him on land in zero G environment?

Apoclypse
05-21-2007, 02:04 PM
What is that booster thing behind marines back?

is it a cooler/air con for the suit? a steam pack? a down thrust keep him on land in zero G environment?

Well before bigGnomon's post's got removed he basically said it could either be a way of keepingthe marines on the ground in space combat or a mini nuclear reactor strapped on his back. I like the Nuclear reactor thingy better.

3dRaven
05-21-2007, 02:14 PM
I first thought it was one of the new terran units the reaper. They are a new terran marine that have jetpacks to be able to fly over terrain obstacles.

joramvanloenen
05-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Nuclear reactors dont have stablizing variable nozzles to adjust to the necessary size to prevent a back flow. My guess they're indeed jet engine's. But off course, I could be completely wrong!

Neil
05-21-2007, 02:51 PM
Need I remind people that this is a trailer for a game still to come? :) Cinematics are good and all, and this is amazing, but lets also get excited about the fact that this is game too.

Curious if this made front page news on Koreans newspapers.

MegaCharger
05-21-2007, 04:20 PM
I stayed up late Friday night to wait for the announcement, while furiously hitting my F5 key to refresh the IGN blog, I think I probably broke my F5 key and the IGN server..

Kudos to you guys at Blizzard, me and most of my friends were inspired by you to get into this industry, it's really nice to see you guys are still making kickass trailers left and right.

Now please hurry up and get the game out so I can have an excuse to take a 6 month break =)

ffourier
05-21-2007, 05:23 PM
yeaaahh this rock !!

dtang
05-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Yeah, waiting for this one too. ;)

Congratulations on this new game, I'm a big fan of Starcraft. Cinematics seems to be all great. Keep it up.

BTW... NDA is NDA... right? ;)

Best wishes,

exactly, pirates 3 is a movie that's done and released, SC2 is still in developement. Look at the bright side, they shared some really cool insight with us and nothing is leaked, everyone's happy, probably just to prevent accidental spill and confusion. Lets wait for CGTalk representative to interview these great artists through proper way, can't wait! :thumbsup: BFD rocks, the whole team is awesome!

I played SC1 single campaign again just so I can warm up and refresh the story before SC2 hit the shelf (in a year or so?) I can't believe it's been 10 years, the game still feel solid like when I first played it, that's amazing. I can see why Korean players can keep the game up for all these years and never lost interest. And those cut scene cinematics, wow, not as fancy like these days, but holy those are some cool shots and great cinematography. I wonder how many original BFD artists back in SC1 days are still working on SC2, actually I'm gonna check the credits to find out. :)

P_T
05-21-2007, 05:56 PM
exactly, pirates 3 is a movie that's done and released, SC2 is still in developement. But we're not discussing the game itself though, only this particular cinematic which technically has already been released to the public so I don't see why we can't have a discussion about it.

I don't know how reliable this site is but here it goes.
Blizzard has stated that the company will release this game in October of this year.
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39724

BookMansBlues
05-21-2007, 06:58 PM
offically they have stated that there is no currant release date, and knowing of thier release date herritage any date said now is just an estimate because they are famouse for saying "when it's done". :)

I would be pleasantly suprised if it released this year, I don't except it at the earylest till next year.

I just can't wait to see what they are offering up for this time, that trailer was great, the gameplay looks good (though I wish it was more gritty looking like the origional, though that may come in time) I know this is one of the games I will be picking up hopfully a special edition. :)

EricDLegare
05-21-2007, 07:22 PM
I would be pleasantly suprised if it released this year, I don't except it at the earylest till next year.

I'd be pleasantly surprised too :D but I just remember how long I waited for D2 :D

My Diablo2 Guild was created at the annoncement of D2, while playing D1, The guild had time to gather many people, operate for some years ( yeah, years :S ) and disbanded before D2 was even out :D Then my WoW Guild started lol :D ...

... Anyone for a SC2 Guild ? ( kiddin ... or maybe not )

CHRiTTeR
05-21-2007, 08:34 PM
You know, there's a REALLY BIG chance that they are aiming their release date for something like the end-of-the-year-hollidays, thats when the most games come out and I think I dont need to tell you why. ;)
The only reason they wont give you a releasedate is, as you also allready know, when they dont make that releasedate they get a lot of flaming. So... ok thats just my 2cnt ont the releasedate.

And let me shamelesly use this oppurtunity again to say: Great work blizzard artist dudes!!! Fenomenall!!

slime
05-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Amazing cinematic. Technically very impressive and great art direction.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

InAction
05-21-2007, 09:34 PM
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39724

The Inquirer have been know for being liars for a long time. I'm still having nightmares from all the bullshit they've been spewing out regarding ATI's newest GFX-cards, which just got released by the way. They usually type out the news as people want to read them for popularity. I doubt they still have it up, but they supposedly had an insider information regarding ATI's card beating the gf8800GTX way before the chipset was fully finished - it's actually having problems right now with half-done drivers, so how was it supposed to be able to do that before?... :rolleyes:

Digiegg
05-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Just installed Starcraft broodwar again and played it. Man.. I was still at the edge of my seat! if anyone plays on US West, give me a hollar! SN is the same. =)
Gosh I missed it so much. I still had my skills to pull off a carrier massacre!

DruG
05-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Agreed with CHRiTTeR.

SC2 looks in quite advanced state and I wouldn`t be surprised if it would be released at the end of 2007.
I`m pretty sure there also be an open beta testing to balance races before final release.

I`ve watched gameplay footage today. All I have to say is: ZOMG!

Radacci
05-21-2007, 10:07 PM
they arn't making movies cause they dont wanna make something half assed, that'll make ppl dissapointed, good graphics dont make a movie good :)
They wanna make movies though, so, sometime in the future we might see star craft the movie or warcraft or both.
They'd need to make something that even non- SC/WC fans could understand and enjoy. unlike lets say FF7-AC

Anyways, im looking forward to this, looks nice, i like the protoss even more than before ^^
Now we just need to dream about world of star craft too hehe

Ballo
05-21-2007, 11:17 PM
Absolutly....amazing..... I hope a film movie.... :)

DuttyFoot
05-22-2007, 01:32 AM
wow, that trailer in hd is freaking amazing. blizzards cinematic trailers are always jaw dropping. so much intricate details. i love the gritty look.

evilwabbit
05-22-2007, 02:12 AM
Noting that bigGnomons posts have been taken down, presumably because of an angry producer? Excuse me going off topic but may I just say its uncool and counterproductive when this happens. Berating your employees for being publicly proud of their work makes them feel bad, gives your company a bad rep, and eliminates a free source of publicity.

I'd like to cite this (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=2&t=379460&page=1&pp=15) thread on ILMs work on Pirates of the Caribbean as a much more imitable approach, several artist go into quite some technical detail about their work, which created a LOT of interest, was generally very cool, and clearly didn't make ILM explode in a ball of fire.

Excuse the rant.... pet peeve.

I fully agree, id respect and follow blizzard even more if they mixed with the cg public besides it's not like they are giving away trade secrets, its all in good faith that james was happy with the feedback he got for his team putting together such a high grade tease video.

anyways its left a rather bad taste. game companies need to chill more, and they might notice a larger fan base.

erilaz
05-22-2007, 02:19 AM
I fully agree, id respect and follow blizzard even more if they mixed with the cg public besides it's not like they are giving away trade secrets, its all in good faith that james was happy with the feedback he got for his team putting together such a high grade tease video.

anyways its left a rather bad taste. game companies need to chill more, and they might notice a larger fan base.

Well, I would say unless you know the actual reason for the pull you have little room to judge either the actions of the posters or the company in general.

Rhs_CG
05-22-2007, 02:23 AM
Perhaps the paranoia was over story, and not techniques (maybe), of the game, because it's unrealeased. I believe ILM's crew didn't get into the conversation until after the movie came out. The counter though, is that the Blizzard guys only talked about this trailer; they didn't go into any plotlines, or even discuss potential plotlines. Nothing was revealed that comprimised the story, as everything they said could be found out on starcraft2.com, excpt for some of the cool technical aspects of making the trailer.

Hopefully, as was said earlier, no one got into trouble over this, and that in the future, we'll get to peek inside the production of this amazing work.

neonneo
05-22-2007, 05:22 AM
Bah, announce my D3 soon pllzz :D. Where are all my diablo kids!?!? Diablo fans assemble!

evilwabbit
05-22-2007, 05:25 AM
Well, I would say unless you know the actual reason for the pull you have little room to judge either the actions of the posters or the company in general.

A valid point erilaz it was just nice to see these guys taking time out to talk to cg's aspiring artists but i do also hope no one gets in trouble for doing so.

erilaz
05-22-2007, 05:36 AM
A valid point erilaz it was just nice to see these guys taking time out to talk to cg's aspiring artists but i do also hope no one gets in trouble for doing so.

I certainly agree with the niceness! :)

I guess we'll see how it plays out.

EricDLegare
05-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Bah, announce my D3 soon pllzz :D. Where are all my diablo kids!?!? Diablo fans assemble!
"Hello my friend, stay a while and listen..." Cain, I miss your wisdom ! :D

BuendiaCG
05-22-2007, 12:49 PM
I certainly agree with the niceness! :)

I guess we'll see how it plays out.

niceness is good :bounce:, heheh cant stop watching this, mindblowing

NyneDown
05-22-2007, 02:24 PM
I seriously cant count how many times I've watched this now...so addicting. And the buzz is out, every forum I go to people are talking about it (all good of course ;)). It sucks that the blizzard team cant talk about it anymore, but I'm sure we'll get all of the answers soon enough. It's like that w/ a lot of studios so I'm not bent over it or anything.

But the "behind the scenes" idea would be some killer stuff...That cinematic is probably the best I've ever seen, so congrats to the cinematic team!

DruG
05-22-2007, 02:33 PM
Seriously?:)

I love SC2 cinematic, but I wouldn`t call it the best out there. It`s even... kind of boring.

***RUNING FOR COVER***

Still beautiful tho ;)

NyneDown
05-22-2007, 02:59 PM
It may or may not be the best out there, but it's the best that I've seen ;)

P_T
05-22-2007, 03:29 PM
It`s even... kind of boring.

***RUNING FOR COVER***

Still beautiful tho ;)Heh, while I didn't think it was boring, I kind of understand what you mean. It didn't really make me curious about the game, it really made me curious about the process of making that teaser. :D

I watched it again and again to see the beautiful details on the models and textures as well as the animation. I don't know about others but after the first time, I always skip the first 1 minute of it, the wide shot of the room and the door opening part was dragged on a bit too long IMO. It would've been better as a "teaser" if Blizzard used that 1 minute to show a bit more of Protoss and Zerg.

DruG
05-22-2007, 03:34 PM
Heh, I was sooo anxious to see swarms of Zergs shattered by glowin blades of Protoss and all I saw was the guy gettin canned with a cigar ;)

I was like "hey... is this the end? Noo, there have to be more after title screen. What? Nothing?! ARGH!"

;)

And that`s how Blizz made me even more anxious ;)

Spin99
05-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Mass mutas *is* the bomb :buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

CHRiTTeR
05-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Heh, I was sooo anxious to see swarms of Zergs shattered by glowin blades of Protoss and all I saw was the guy gettin canned with a cigar ;)

I was like "hey... is this the end? Noo, there have to be more after title screen. What? Nothing?! ARGH!"

;)

And that`s how Blizz made me even more anxious ;)

That's why they call it a teaser ;)
It's designed to give you a little glimpse of what could be and leaves you wanting more!!! more!!! MORE!!! MOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :scream:

NyneDown
05-22-2007, 04:12 PM
CHRiTTer beat me to the punch line, but I second that statement...that's why they call it a teaser, holmez. :)

KOKE
05-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Saw this at work..... wow mind blowing.

Congrats to the team, it is incredible in every aspect of it.

JK.

:D

DruG
05-22-2007, 06:15 PM
LOL

Yeah... they`ve got me! :blush: :banghead:

Apoclypse
05-22-2007, 10:26 PM
Heh, while I didn't think it was boring, I kind of understand what you mean. It didn't really make me curious about the game, it really made me curious about the process of making that teaser. :D

I watched it again and again to see the beautiful details on the models and textures as well as the animation. I don't know about others but after the first time, I always skip the first 1 minute of it, the wide shot of the room and the door opening part was dragged on a bit too long IMO. It would've been better as a "teaser" if Blizzard used that 1 minute to show a bit more of Protoss and Zerg.

Well almost all of Blizzard's teasers are structured the same way. They are more about establishing an atmosphere than about giving you that gee whiz feel. They keep the action to a minimum and instead give you glimpses of what the story is going to be about. An example would be the Brood War trailer which kind of did the same thing. It starts with an a spinning record and build and atmosphere until the end of the teaser. Its not an advertisement for effects or action. Its usually about giving you a glimpse of where the story is heading. Its something I've noticed since WC3 and went back to verify with their older teasers.

Artbot
05-22-2007, 10:55 PM
Seriously?:)

I love SC2 cinematic, but I wouldn`t call it the best out there. It`s even... kind of boring.

***RUNING FOR COVER***

Still beautiful tho ;)

Whoa, I'm glad someone braver then I finally said it! As a cinematic artist myself, I have nothing but huge respect for what the Blizzard team has accomplished here and in many of their cinematics in the past. The design, modelling, rigging, animation, lighting and effects are some of the best cinematics work ever. Where this teaser fails a bit is in the pacing and editing. It simply lacked the dramatic weight they were surely going for and it just kind of laid there. I think the sound design/music could have played a bigger part in establishing the tension and drama, too.

Don't get me wrong, though, there's a lot that's totally amazing about it. The fetishistic attention to modelling detail borders on the insane.

Apoclypse
05-23-2007, 12:38 AM
Whoa, I'm glad someone braver then I finally said it! As a cinematic artist myself, I have nothing but huge respect for what the Blizzard team has accomplished here and in many of their cinematics in the past. The design, modelling, rigging, animation, lighting and effects are some of the best cinematics work ever. Where this teaser fails a bit is in the pacing and editing. It simply lacked the dramatic weight they were surely going for and it just kind of laid there. I think the sound design/music could have played a bigger part in establishing the tension and drama, too.

Don't get me wrong, though, there's a lot that's totally amazing about it. The fetishistic attention to modelling detail borders on the insane.

I guess that it depends on what you consider good dramatic pacinf. Personally I found it to be pitch perfect. It kind of reminded me of the old days where directors didn't feel the need to do "MTV" cutting all over the palce and instead took their time to let the viewer take in the scene. The first alien was very much like this, but that movie came out before MTV. Now every director who come out has so many fast cuts to hide the fact that they lack a story or their lack of general camera knowledge that i find it kind of sad that people are used to and expect it nowadays. Sad indeed.

P_T
05-23-2007, 03:38 AM
Well almost all of Blizzard's teasers are structured the same way. They are more about establishing an atmosphere than about giving you that gee whiz feel. They keep the action to a minimum and instead give you glimpses of what the story is going to be about. An example would be the Brood War trailer which kind of did the same thing. It starts with an a spinning record and build and atmosphere until the end of the teaser. Its not an advertisement for effects or action. Its usually about giving you a glimpse of where the story is heading. Its something I've noticed since WC3 and went back to verify with their older teasers.I didn't ask for more action though.

That one minute of an empty room and opening door is around a quarter of the whole teaser and could've been used to show the other races, that's all. This is a teaser trailer afterall and not everyone likes playing Terran, it should "tease" the Protoss and Zerg players too.

Broodwar had a trailer? Correct me if I'm wrong but the only cinematic I remember where there's a record playing is at the end when Alexi committed suicide. I thought the intro is that action sequence in the trench with some crazy marine swaying back and forth.

Sceme
05-23-2007, 06:31 AM
Greetings. I would like to congratulate of this amazing piece of art really.
I have watched this several times and to me every aspect works. The reason why I love Blizzard's cinematics are mainly because they usually make me forget that it's all just 3D.
The unique look really brings things alive, even mechanical things ;)
The music is perfect, the sounds are perfect, modeling (yeah sure like I would have anything negative to say about that).

Only critic you will get from me is that it would have been better if he spit the sigar out before the helmet closed (right before he said his lines maybe?). And my friend said that
"I really feel chilly because he put the shoes on without having socks) Haha...yeah maybe the metal feels good against the skin ;)

Oh one more thing. The female announcement voice and when the jets went on really gave me chillies, in good way. It really gave the feeling that something big was going to happend.

Apoclypse
05-23-2007, 07:01 AM
I didn't ask for more action though.

That one minute of an empty room and opening door is around a quarter of the whole teaser and could've been used to show the other races, that's all. This is a teaser trailer afterall and not everyone likes playing Terran, it should "tease" the Protoss and Zerg players too.

Broodwar had a trailer? Correct me if I'm wrong but the only cinematic I remember where there's a record playing is at the end when Alexi committed suicide. I thought the intro is that action sequence in the trench with some crazy marine swaying back and forth.

Why? That takes away from the atmosphere they are trying to build specific to that teaser. The teaser is not trying to show you everything about the game, that's not what its for. Its to establish a storied universe. The fact that they took their time to establish an atmosphere makes it better than most game trailers. A huge example is FFXIII, its just one explosion after another, thats great and all but what is the game about, who are the characters? I think sotry is paramount in most anything and just showing other races and explosions for no reason would have detracted hugely from what Blizzard has accomplished.

Brood War did have a trailer, and it was included in a Star Craft demo that was taken out with a CGW issue. I still have that disc and have actually watched it a couple of time to see what they did then as opposed to now. The trailer basically puts together some of the scenes fromthe game starting with the Record player scene and then an opera plays throughout as they show clips of the marine's campaign. It ends with that scene where the marine is pointing up at the Battleship. It changed my life the day I saw it. The pacing was great and yes there is a cigar in that one too.

DruG
05-23-2007, 08:24 AM
There are two different things: teasers purpose and my hunder for Zergs. There`s no doubt SC2 teases perfectly, but leave me hungry :) My posts are just stomach rumbling ;)

Madmartigan
05-23-2007, 10:22 AM
About the cigar remark. Of course he needs to smoke his cigar while the helm lid close, thats the whole point. Hes a badass marine veteran, its all about sc marine training in general. If u look at the original SC cutscene where they blow up the small space station, youll see that a marine there also smoke his cigar inside his helmet. I think it brings a cool flavour to the terran marines, theyre tough as hell!

Laa-Yosh
05-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Yeah, marines aren't concerned about health issues, with the low life expectance they have... ;)

dtang
05-23-2007, 12:14 PM
not to mention stim pack and relying heavily on medics ;)

Sceme
05-23-2007, 02:09 PM
About the cigar remark. Of course he needs to smoke his cigar while the helm lid close, thats the whole point. Hes a badass marine veteran, its all about sc marine training in general. If u look at the original SC cutscene where they blow up the small space station, youll see that a marine there also smoke his cigar inside his helmet. I think it brings a cool flavour to the terran marines, theyre tough as hell!

Haha I know, I know. That was just my personal oppinion. Besides it would migh get very hot in the suit if it cought on fire from inside (if he accidently dropped the cigarrette while helmet was closed). Already can imagine some very funny situations :P

Hordak
05-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Just a comment to those of you who says it drags on for too long and that they could have used the time for showing some zergs and protoss...

It is a teaser... the word says it all

And if you arn't curious about the game and more about the process of making the cinematic, let me tell you that this teaser is aimed at new comers, but especially at old fans... they are definatly intrested in the game.... they've been waiting for this....... well let's just say

HELL, IT'S ABOUT TIME!

Blizzard ROCKS!

So happy!:applause:

PrayingMantis
05-23-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't want to cut your discussion off but I got a little question.
Im looking for a way to do such a render as they made for the jet pack engine on his back.
The combustion of the engine.
Does someone got any clues, advice or link ?
Thx.

P_T
05-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Why? That takes away from the atmosphere they are trying to build specific to that teaser. The teaser is not trying to show you everything about the game, that's not what its for. Its to establish a storied universe. The fact that they took their time to establish an atmosphere makes it better than most game trailers. A huge example is FFXIII, its just one explosion after another, thats great and all but what is the game about, who are the characters? I think sotry is paramount in most anything and just showing other races and explosions for no reason would have detracted hugely from what Blizzard has accomplished.Eh, story? what story? it's a teaser, it supposed to make you wonder what the story is all about. It made me wonder who that marine character is but they could've also shown the warriors of the other races preparing for war as well. That would still give the same "war is coming again" atmosphere while showing all 3 races.

Besides, there were flashes of scenes in that teaser which are quite disjointed and serve no purpose other than to show people some other cinematics that's gonna be in the game.

Personally I thought FF13 was quite well done since it made me wonder who that female character is as well as showing me how the gameplay could potentially be like. Like you said, shouldn't show you everything about the game. :)

Apoclypse
05-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Eh, story? what story? it's a teaser, it supposed to make you wonder what the story is all about. It made me wonder who that marine character is but they could've also shown the warriors of the other races preparing for war as well. That would still give the same "war is coming again" atmosphere while showing all 3 races.

Besides, there were flashes of scenes in that teaser which are quite disjointed and serve no purpose other than to show people some other cinematics that's gonna be in the game.

Personally I thought FF13 was quite well done since it made me wonder who that female character is as well as showing me how the gameplay could potentially be like. Like you said, shouldn't show you everything about the game. :)

I guess to each his own, because the FF13 trailer had absolutely nothing redeeming about it except for eyecandy, imo. And I'm a huge FF fan and played everyone since FF6. I have every FF game in some form or another. Personally I think FF has been scarificing story for flash as of late.

As for story in Blizzard's teaser, there is a story its short but its still a story. Its like a gag in a scene, the gag is succesful if its fully thought out and executed. One can say that a teaser (at least this one) is just a gag reel that has a setup that gets carried throughout the teaser. The gag in the teaser is the long setup. The Marine has been incarcerated for who knows how long, he's itching to get out and fight. The teaser builds tension by showing you the process the marine has to go through in-order to get to the fighting. Once he is in full armor they show what is in store for the marine (cue flashes of fighting and who they are fighting) and then the punch line "Hell, Its about time". That's the gag right there, it works two-fold and its brilliant. In LOTR:TTT there was a gag with a one of the trees getting attacked by orcs and getting set on fire, as the scene progresses and gets to the climax, the breaking of the damn, that same tree runs up to the water and douses the flame. They turned something that could have been random into a running gag that got executed to its conclusion. That is what Blizzard did with this teaser. It might not seem like it to you but its plain as day to me.

Anyways, regardless of what you though of the teaser we all agree that visually its stunning, and I can't wait to buy the modeler's gnomon dvd's when they arrive.

Artbot
05-23-2007, 06:03 PM
I guess that it depends on what you consider good dramatic pacinf. Personally I found it to be pitch perfect. It kind of reminded me of the old days where directors didn't feel the need to do "MTV" cutting all over the palce and instead took their time to let the viewer take in the scene. The first alien was very much like this, but that movie came out before MTV. Now every director who come out has so many fast cuts to hide the fact that they lack a story or their lack of general camera knowledge that i find it kind of sad that people are used to and expect it nowadays. Sad indeed.

Just because I mention pacing does not mean that I wish it were "MTV style fast cuts", which I find to be a miserable trend in general. I'm not saying it needs to be faster paced to make it less dull, but to build tension and drama, which is lacking. These teaser shots are nicely staged and set up, just poorly timed, imho. I stand by my critique. I'm at least thankful they didn't employ the "BSG 'where's the ship?' shaky-cam" that's all over everything these days. Just show the freakin' ships already!:)

Apoclypse
05-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Just because I mention pacing does not mean that I wish it were "MTV style fast cuts", which I find to be a miserable trend in general. I'm not saying it needs to be faster paced to make it less dull, but to build tension and drama, which is lacking. These teaser shots are nicely staged and set up, just poorly timed, imho. I stand by my critique. I'm at least thankful they didn't employ the "BSG 'where's the ship?' shaky-cam" that's all over everything these days. Just show the freakin' ships already!:)

I agree with you there. Even BSG got to stop with that shakey shit, its getting annoying.

P_T
05-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Just because I mention pacing does not mean that I wish it were "MTV style fast cuts", which I find to be a miserable trend in general.But there already are some MTV style fast cuts in the teaser showing Zeratul and Kerrigan as well as a few other things. :D

fabriciomicheli
05-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Almost ten years I had to wait to taste this moment...
Finally happens!
Thanks Blizzard!!!

We've been waiting for that!!!

isxaari
05-24-2007, 12:40 AM
Whats with big Gnoman editing all of this posts then BuendiaCG comes back after this and does ---------------

I don't get it.

erilaz
05-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Whats with big Gnoman editing all of this posts then BuendiaCG comes back after this and does ---------------

I don't get it.

Read back over the thread. You'll get it. :)

mummey
05-24-2007, 01:22 AM

I don't get it.

I'd describe the concept of NDA's to you, but I'm guessing my NDA probably prevents me from doing that. :)

Edit: Before anyone gets any funny ideas. I don't work for Blizzard, though it'd be nice if they had an office on the Westside. :D

isxaari
05-24-2007, 01:29 AM
What the guy keeps posting stuff that he can't? I mean some people have quoted him why has that information stayed? No really i don't understand the joke or something.

snowkiwi
05-24-2007, 05:46 AM
(It probably was already posted, but here it is if it wasn't.)

The clearer high quality trailer (third one down):
http://www.starcraft2.com/movies.xml

_