PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft 2 CGI announcement trailer

Pages : 1 [2]

CGOutcast
05-25-2007, 01:45 AM
glorious cant wait to kill some terrans and zerg with protoss!!! FOR AIUR!!!

ldgree
05-25-2007, 01:51 PM
The cinematic is awesome!!! oO , i think the guys from Blizzard are from another planet xD
The models, animation etc are perfect.. wonderful job 5.000 stars

Nikus
05-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Hey guys!
I Just found THIS while doing my frame-by-frame observation :) Hidden message...
It appears right after the blizzard logo begins to dissapears.
For my taste...a little unprofessional. (it is straight from the Blizzard server)
Nik.

http://carlosvk.info/nikus/Picture6.jpg

JeroenDStout
05-25-2007, 09:20 PM
...they really are from another planet!

Grrrrrrr
05-26-2007, 10:49 AM
wow....it took me some time to find that. I agree a bit unprofessional, just because the picture is too common and nothing with a real meaning. Maybe we will find out some time what is with that image.

I guess now the team from Blizzard is saying: "hehe....man you owe me 20 bucks..i told you they were going to see it finally"

dtang
05-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Please elaborate why it is unprofessional for the artists to put something in their own creation that will not detract the audience unless you look extra extra careful to see. Which by that time you've probably seen it more than twice, whether by hiding their own name in a texture map, or putting their previous work (model, painting.... birthdate) unrelated to the current one in un-noticeable place, or in this case, an image of themselves darkened and adjusted appropreately to blend in that's 1 frame in the intro, not the main sequence itself.

I'd love to hear the explaination, and if it's valid, I'll stop doing that to my work which I am temped to do because it's just harmless fun like many studios that's done it before, ie: easter eggs in many Pixar's film.

For me, I do not see any unprofessionalism in this particular act, but I'm also curious about what others say on this, no hostality :scream:

I appologize if this is off topic to the SC2 cinematic intro (I think I'm on topic, barely related :D )

erilaz
05-26-2007, 01:41 PM
This sort of stuff is in many trailers, from both game and film (Have you stepped through the Apocalypto trailer?). Why complain about something like that when only fans or uber CG geeks like ourselves are the ones that are going to see it, and for the most part gain amusement from it?:shrug:

More to the point; you picked it out, it gets talked about more, therefore sticking in people's mind longer. Sound advertising if you ask me.

FreespaceFilms
05-26-2007, 03:00 PM
I personally think it's cool how they inserted the whole team in the intro. Not unprofessional, but it's a perk that they can afford, after pouring in months of work into this jeweled masterpiece of a cinematic.

I'm seriously hoping for more of this kickass stuff in the final product. They made around 20-30 minutes of cinematics for their previous games... Hope the trend continues, if not even grows larger.

Seeing something like a Starcraft full-motion picture would be something I'd give my dog up for. Bring it on!

En taro Tassadar!

japetus
05-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Haha! That's nothing....check this one out. It occurs before the Blizzard logo forms a little after 2 seconds. I think it's pretty funny and I'm sure they're all very proud of this trailer. I still can't notice it's there when i play it back at full speed.
http://www.japetusproductions.com/images/pics/Sequence%2001.jpg

DruG
05-26-2007, 05:37 PM
I`m sitting now, watchin it back and forth and askin myself what parts are matte, pure render or PS paintover (excludin color correction and that kind of composition stuff) ;)

Actually that would explain those 1500+ nodes in Fusion they were talkin about :)

In WoW:BC that was usually obvious, but here...

P.S. BTW, both easter eggs have been posted few pages back :)

japetus
05-26-2007, 05:41 PM
Dang it!! I'm so slow :shrug:

sinolacra
05-27-2007, 05:24 PM
oh my fraking god! How on earth...?!

Blizz's cinematic team has alway made awesome game movies but this one is certainly the best ever in known universe so that the viewer just wonder if they use live action shots in some scenes http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon7.gif

To me it's not only great interms of CG modelling and rendering but also interms of virtual camera angles and focus in-outs , and very impressive music...

GREAT job Blizz, keep going. I hope one day I will work with u guys together http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

EricDLegare
05-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your purchase from Blizzard Entertainment! You have successfully
pre-ordered the Tychus Findlay Limited Edition Statue. This product is currently
scheduled to ship from our US warehouse in October 2007.

A bit off-topic but :D

tinitus
05-27-2007, 09:00 PM
.. imho, i think its funny :scream:

Stalsby
05-28-2007, 01:33 AM
the trailer was bad ass!! it looked so realistic!!!

Laa-Yosh
06-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Blizzard Insider interview with Nick Carpenter:
http://www.starcraft2.com/features/interviews/cinematicteaser.xml#

More than 5 million polygons on the marine :eek: Poor Fausto... ;)

P_T
06-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the link, but how did you get that? I tried to find it from starcraft main page but there's none.

DruG
06-03-2007, 02:32 PM
AFAIK Blizzard Insider is Blizzard newsletter:

http://subscribe.blizzard.com/

P_T
06-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Ah... makes sense now. :D

Damn, Blizzard really likes to keep everything in-house don't they? Does that mean no CGS article on the cinematic then? coz that article got peanuts on the CG process of the cinematic. Just a mention of 5+ mill poly marine mesh and the use of PRman, decal textures and a couple of "clay" renders, great.

EricDLegare
06-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Ah... makes sense now. :D

Damn, Blizzard really likes to keep everything in-house don't they? Does that mean no CGS article on the cinematic then? coz that article got peanuts on the CG process of the cinematic. Just a mention of 5+ mill poly marine mesh and the use of PRman, decal textures and a couple of "clay" renders, great.

Can't wait for the COLLECTOR'S EDITION "MAKING OF" DVD :D

Snake Eyess
06-03-2007, 05:19 PM
MUST.......HAVE........MORE!!!

bring it on Blizzard, show us what you got....you think you tough do ya....well, do ya!!!

lets see what else you can pump out.

P.S. well done to the Blizzard team

CGTalk Moderation
06-03-2007, 05:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.