PDA

View Full Version : Outpost - VFX Challenge - maxmare

maxmare
03-15-2003, 02:02 PM
I have an image and a concept (still very deep in my heads).
Here is the image I intend to use. I noticed Beroc-LOD is using the same location and I hope it's ok with everybody, if is not, please tell me so asap. Another more detailed sketch will follow soon.
Be good and enjoy the challenge!

http://www.maxmare.com/outpost-arch.jpg

Antilles
03-16-2003, 02:35 AM
um, thats not the same location....

A MacVey
03-16-2003, 04:13 AM
interresting idea, i kinda like it

maxmare
03-17-2003, 02:18 PM
As I promised, here is the update on the concept:
The outpost I imagine is (of course) hidden to humans bypassers, otherwise there would be the ocasional capitalist trying to sell tickets at the entrance of the compound. hmm..anyway, they are hidden in the arch and only when some stuff is shipped in they would open the esternal envelope to let them come in, and that's what I am going to show in the animation. Now for a bit of background:

The planet (the aliens) they come from is spining 3210 times a day (terrestrial) and the land has acumulated in the equator due to the masssssive inertia force during the millenia.
This are minute aliens as they come from a planet that allows for intelligent life only in a strip of land in the middle of the panet with mountains and canyons scatter all over the place, there is therefore not much space around and big species live outside the land in both south and north sea. Huge fish species inhabit these seas and the aliens live on them.
because that much spinning around in this planet the aliens fell very sick whenever standing still so their dwellings when in another planet or in space needs to be under constant circular movement.

All the different parts of the outpost are outlined in one of the following images.
There will be no more concept sketches, but wips

http://www.maxmare.com/outpost-arch02.jpg

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.