PDA

View Full Version : The Yellow Assassin....Finished Project

drewfarr
05-18-2007, 11:16 PM
Well, since Blenderartists is down, I'll just post this here, and there when its back up :)

Finished it a few moments ago, just for fun, spent the afternoon on it.

The Yellow Assassin
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/4395/theyellowassassinvv3.jpg

All In Blender, made with 2.44. Nothing too complex, but Im really happy with it, all critiques and opinions welcome, I may make some changes before the Blenderartists debut.

No points for guessing the yellow assassin..... ;)

Peace,
Drew

drewfarr
05-19-2007, 02:08 PM
eh, anything?.......

carnageRPM
05-19-2007, 02:16 PM
LOOK OUT MOUSE! LOOK OUT!
nice concept Drewfar the only thing is the advice you gave green guy
" 3. The blur is too strong, messes up the image." -=)
maybe just the back wall and the mouse masher should have a blur

drewfarr
05-19-2007, 02:18 PM
ha, good point, good point :D I was actually trying to make the Cheese the focal point, and blur everything just enough that you could still see it...
Maybe that didnt quite work out :P

carnageRPM
05-19-2007, 02:38 PM
"Cheese the focal point" oh ok
well maybe just torn it down a notch.
when i seen this image i started laffing lol

JSKURIAS
05-19-2007, 02:55 PM
I concur, good concept. If you want to blur everything other than the cheese, then make it a little bit bigger or tweak it up a bit and make it as realistic as possible as if you could smell it.:) Obviously, the central focus is the cheese, but it's not working. I disagree, though, that weakening the blur will improve it. It will even get worse. I suggest that you blur the background even more that you no longer see anything other than silhouettes.

drewfarr
05-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Ill try some super blur, I agree that less blur whould be much more confusing.....
Thanks for the critiques :)

FreakyDude
05-19-2007, 05:24 PM
While it may make a pretty picture, I wouldn't want to imagine this mouse a few seconds later.
Take in mind it takes a little longer for people to respond over here than on blenderartists. Well, imo anyway.

drewfarr
05-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Ha, yeah, Hence my capturing this moment(I was tempted to do otherwise, believe you me)

And yeah, I guess I should know it would take longer....
Thanks

fktt
05-19-2007, 06:02 PM
lemme guess.. inspired by this: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?threadid=495496

:D

JSKURIAS
05-19-2007, 06:24 PM
While it may make a pretty picture, I wouldn't want to imagine this mouse a few seconds later.
Take in mind it takes a little longer for people to respond over here than on blenderartists. Well, imo anyway.Well, what do you suggest other than a negative comment and a reliance on people who are not around? Don't you have any?

drewfarr
05-22-2007, 07:02 PM
@fktt: Yup, most definately, a brilliant short :)

fktt
05-22-2007, 07:58 PM
indeed.. :D

FreakyDude
05-22-2007, 09:14 PM
Well, what do you suggest other than a negative comment and a reliance on people who are not around? Don't you have any?

Geesh, chill dude, it just takes longer, don't know why, but it does. That's not a negative comment, just an observation. I simply ment he should be patient for people to reply.
I've only posted one WIP of mine on blenderartists, got six replies in less than a day, around here, it took considerably more time. What is so insulting about that statement? I don't mind.
A day easily passes without people posting replies to a new thread someone made, soo what?

Don't I have what? comments? No, It's a fun clean picture. Maybe the mousemasher text in the swatter is a little overdone/badly composed, and might be nicer as a title somewhere in the image to still get the idea across, but it's a nice image. maybe he could play with the dof or/and focus more, but I think he already did that, because it looks quite thought out allready...

chill out dude. all's well in the world.... well it could be..

drewfarr
05-23-2007, 01:25 AM
Yeah, Sorry, Im badly spoiled by BlenderArtists :D

Thanks for the crits, I have to agree, the text is over the top for sure....

carnageRPM
05-23-2007, 01:57 AM
$h!+ i think both places take long to reply but its ok we all got lives and jobs but i do think i get better feed back here at cgtalk

Chucker
05-24-2007, 10:31 AM
I like the look, quite tactile and plasticine almost.

I think the cheese could be lighter though to appear less of a potato SSS setting which is what I'm guessing could have been used.

Postbote
05-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Yeah, very nice^^
how many time you needed?
I hope my designs get some time good like yours^^

drewfarr
05-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks!

As for the cheese....I made the SSS settings myself, perhaps the lighting doesnt do it justice(It looks fine from a coupel other perspectives).

Thanks for the critiques

Postbote
05-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Hey *propz*,
thatz really amazing(i'm a noob)
the cheese looks very nice^^

drewfarr
05-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Ha, well thanks, and welcome to Blender.

SSS is the big thing that makes the cheese look so nice.

SSS(Sub Surface Scattering) is a rendering calculation that takes into account how light goes into some objects(skin, potatos, tomatos, milk, even cheese) as well as lighting their external skins. Its one of the big reasons that the humans in Disney's 'The Incredibles' looked so good.

Anyway, its a little complicated to explain, but as Blender just recently implemented SSS, I figured this would be a good time to use it.

I also used it for the mouse's skin.....

And we may be seeing this mouse animated soon in the future...just a heads up......

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2007, 09:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.