PDA

View Full Version : Wireframe in M50

TCLee
03-15-2003, 11:39 AM
Heya,

My M50 with the Q4700Go GL seems to be redrawing each line whenever I duplicate a model in my scene. It does this in each viewport sequentially. This happens even when its not set to dual monitor. This is in Softimage 3D 4.0 and I have the driver set to Softimage mode.

Any ideas as to how I can solve this would be greatly appreciated.

My drivers are the latest that I can find on Dell's site (February).

Also, when I run XSI with my second monitor, the F-curves doesn't display or update properly. This happens even if I set the drivers to XSI optimised on both monitors. This is XSI 2.02.

On another note, I'm trying to calibrate my monitors at home and work with my M50 but I haven't had any luck. Any ideas? I'm using a Dell 21" at work and a Syncmaster 955DF at home.

Thanks in advance!!

dvornik
03-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Which drivers do you use? In device manager (r-click on My Computer and go to Manage > device manager) go to display adaptors > Quadro whatever > Driver tab and see the version.

Furthermore what do you have in Multi-Display hardware Acceleration in the OpenGL tab of the drivers?

Do you have any Desktop Utilities enabled in the Quadro tab?

How do you activate the second monitor and what do you use to calibrate it?

TCLee
03-16-2003, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the reply, Dvornik.

Under Device Manager, the driver version is 4.2.0.2.

How do I get the Multi-Display hw accel?

My Open GL setting in the Nvidia panel is set to optimize on Softimage3D. Is this what you mean? I click on monitor 1, go in the Advanced settings and select Softimage and then click on monitor 2 and repeat the same procedure.

I have Desktop Manager enabled in the Desktop Utilities.

Under that, NView Desktop Manager is enabled and so is Advanced Nview controls.

Profiles - DCC.
Desktops - Default.
Zoom - Centered on cursor.
Effects - Make windows min/max faster.

I activate the second monitor by using the 'Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor' in the Display Properties/Settings. I also use the nView Desktop Manager/Windows which is set to 'Enable window spanning acrss monitors' and also 'Enable child window spanning across monitors'.

I am using the Adobe Gamma in control panels to set up a profile based on PAL/SECAM as a temporary calibration for my second monitor. I don't really calibrate my M50 except for using the Digital Vibrance controls in the Q4 panel.

Thanks again!

ggg
03-18-2003, 01:23 AM
To get Multi-Display hw accel:
properties>settings>advanced>quadro4 700 goGl>under Mutli-Display Hardware acceleraion set it to multi device performance mode
The fcurve editor in XSI is OGL so setting multidevice accel may fix your issue, or under Edit>Animation Editor preferences>turn off use openGL

I have the same setup and have just tested XSI under both NV desktop manager enabled and without, and in dual or single monitor I have not experienced these same problems.

PS I have a different problem. My problem is a bit of an issue, if extended secondary monitor is larger rez than primary monitor then an area eqaul to size of primary flickers to black on secondary while working in an OGL view in either monitor. This sucks as I'd like to work 1600x1200+1920x1200.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.