PDA

View Full Version : SSS_Physical Scattinger/Absorption Coefficient List

JellyFire
05-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Hey guys/girls.
I'm compiling a list of useful data on real world scattering/absorption coefficents for use with the sss_physical shader in mental ray. It's hard to find information on it and so far only have the jad, ketchup, marble, mil and skin data you can easily get from mental images. I'm working on some of my own but would be great if we could get a good list going. I'll post it on my website once thats all sorted out for other people to use as a resource.

If you have any of your own data, or have found a good resource, please let me know.
Thank you
JellyFire.

JellyFire
05-21-2007, 10:21 PM
No-one? Guess I'll have to start asking on scientific forums, but damn those people don't know how to explain things in simple terms. LOL

I'll post any info I get.
JellyFire

joie
05-22-2007, 05:14 PM
Iīm very interested in this, but I canīt help you in any way, I just try and try until it looks right! :D

Smithjoe1
05-23-2007, 02:05 AM
I too have been wondering if anyone has compiled a list of scientific data for this, because the functions seem to be so different from eachother sometimes that its really hard to get the physical shader to look right.

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2007, 02:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.