PDA

View Full Version : Morph targets keep changing -> custom rig

kidcanuck
05-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Hey CG Talkers,

One of my 3D Studio Max rigs is having some issues with its morph targets. I've got targets linked to ExposeTm's in the major joints that create muscle movement and correct the joints where weighting could only do so much. Problem is: some of the morph targets affect the joints differently after I save and reopen. I can pose her, save and everything's fine but the next time I come back to the file, the targets affect the area differently. Anybody know why max is doing this? Thanks for listening, you guys are my new Kids Help Phone haha.

_stev_
05-18-2007, 10:42 PM
How are they linked to the Expose Transforms? With wire parameters, reaction controllers, script controllers, expression controllers, or instanced controllers?

kidcanuck
05-18-2007, 10:48 PM
They're linked through the wire parameters dialogue and a short bit of scripting. Here's what I have for the left ankle's calf target:

angle = Local_Euler_X * 100 + 165.6
morph = _12__L_Calf___Target_Available_ as string

if (angle <= 0) then morph = 0
else if (angle > 100) then morph = 100
else morph = angle

_stev_
05-19-2007, 12:01 AM
If your expression is wired directly to your morpher controller, then there is not need to define it as a string. So it should look like this:

angle = Local_Euler_X * 100 + 165.6

if (angle <= 0) then 0
else if (angle > 100) then 100
else angle

Try it out this way and see if it works.

Stev

CGTalk Moderation
05-19-2007, 12:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.