PDA

View Full Version : I don't know the meaning of diffuse image and occ image etc...

maya64
05-18-2007, 03:05 PM
Hello everyone.I got some trouble of the unknow image of me, I'm a very beginner gay of this.

like Diffuse/Occ/Speqular/Channel/id/shadow/etc...

I don't know how to use these image,and it how to make render nice more,and how to get these image.

thanks frist!!!

JellyFire
05-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Diffuse is what colour or texture it is...
Occ (Occlusion, also known as dirt map) is a form of shadow...
Specular is the shininess...
Shadow is the shadow ;)
ID gnerally stands for Identity, don't know what you mean by that.
Channel is an attribute of something, like translate, rotate, even colour and specular are channels.

Hope this helps...
I bet it's hard learning 3D Maya and English Language!
Jellyfire

maya64
05-20-2007, 03:48 AM
thanks for a lot. I learned how to got the image that in the MAYA render panel.and how to got some presets not in MAYA?like Reflect image.

thanks!

itsallgoode9
05-21-2007, 12:33 AM
Diffuse is what colour or texture it is...
Occ (Occlusion, also known as dirt map) is a form of shadow...
Specular is the shininess...
Shadow is the shadow ;)
ID gnerally stands for Identity, don't know what you mean by that.
Channel is an attribute of something, like translate, rotate, even colour and specular are channels.

Hope this helps...
I bet it's hard learning 3D Maya and English Language!
Jellyfire

While the general term "diffuse" is used as the meaning for the color in texture, in maya's materials it is also a setting...one which isn't the color/slash texture as it is in other programs, such as 3dsmax.

In maya it's a slider that simulates how much light is absorbed and reflected.....basically it makes your texture darker if you turn it down.

JellyFire
05-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Cheers for that, It's not very obvious what this exactly does, I was under the assumption it was generally used for the main colour, but knew there was more too it...
I still don't know the difference between ambient and ambience in the mental ray shaders...
Confusing things!!!

JellyFire

CGTalk Moderation
05-21-2007, 09:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.