PDA

View Full Version : help me please, modeling a bus

noke
05-18-2007, 11:33 AM
frist, i started with low poly then convert to subd ... the thing is around window area is a bit hard to control the edge flow or topology ..i really want to have a nice clean mesh ..from what i've done u can see it's a mess ... should i use nurb for this ?? ... can anyone tell me how to control the subd around the corner (round corner , sharp corner) ??

u can draw on the pics if it'll help me understand better

please ..thanks in advance ... + kissesesss

noke
05-18-2007, 07:28 PM
guys please ...

diginime
05-18-2007, 11:03 PM
well, actually dun worry too much about lineflow. lineflow can be fix later. but for hard body object i always use poly then smooth it or subd. in your case, actually it's coming pretty well, juz select the face and inset it and juz move inside and see how it works.

i saw a lot of tut that use nurbs for cars and so on but they combine both poly and nurbs. you can try it out. cheers :)

noke
05-19-2007, 02:28 AM
thanks mate but thing is i'm aimimg for realistic look so from the picture u can see that i haven't cut the front door and the back door yet ... and if i split the polygon to make the doors it will addd more geometry to some area then when i smooth it i can see that dense area appear so clearly which is i don't want to happen .... hope u understand what i'm try to say here ...

anybody have model the bus before ..??? can u show me the wireframe of the bus??

and here is another render of that smooth version ...

PenguinVisuals
05-19-2007, 02:32 AM
Do these bus' windows really pushed inside the surface like that? I can't really tell from the photo. But from my memory I think the windows are continuos surface with the rest of the bus, right?

noke
05-19-2007, 02:53 AM
actually it's not .. it has some rubber run around the edge of the window which i think i'm gonna do it from curve .. the reason that i pushed the window inside becuase i want to show that the bus and the window are separated .. and for me i think it's easier to do the texturing

u can suggest me anything and i'll try ...

thanks a billion

tankut
05-26-2007, 01:24 PM
I would suggest modeling panels as seperate objects. I found it is easier to add local details that way when doing vehicle models.

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2007, 01:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.