PDA

View Full Version : "merged beveling" multiple polys

saajjj
03-15-2003, 08:33 AM
hello,
First.. merged bevel is an XSI term. Basically you select a bunch of polygons and they bevel togther. I believe in Lw it's called smooth shifting. the problem is that i'm getting really weird results with smooth shifting. Please check the attachment for details.

I basically want the rims to come out as they were.. if you notice the highlighted polygons are getting scaled in a really weird manner as well.

Is there another tool that i should be using?

Cheers

Bytehawk
03-15-2003, 09:07 AM
first of all try the numeric requester for smooth shift and increase the max smooting angle to something like 179

if this doesn't work, try the plugin bevel++
you can find it on www.flay.com
there's a trial for download

there's also a script in the modpack by eki that does something similar and few others I can't recall.

SplineGod
03-15-2003, 09:23 AM
There is also edge bevel which is a nice free plugin. Go to flay.com and do a search under the plugins section under bevel.

webfox
03-15-2003, 05:15 PM
I think, in this case, I'd smooth shift by zero and just use the stretch tool (constrained by the control key) from the appropriate viewport.

CLAW
03-15-2003, 10:58 PM
Try to first "merge" your polygons. Select them and press shift+z, then you can bevel them with the simple bevel tool "b".

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.