04-04-2002, 12:56 PM
I used a number of types between 2b and 8b

Korgath
04-04-2002, 01:14 PM
Very Nice! :thumbsup:

SoulReaper
04-04-2002, 10:02 PM
thx 4 the answer!

i was always wondering how can i make nice shading with a pen?
Can u help me?

between 2b n 8b nice cuz i have a set of staedtler 18 pieces :P

A last question what brand of pen did u used?

ok its enough now so cya

SoulReaper OUT

:)

element412
04-06-2002, 11:22 AM
soulreaper, its not realy the pencil u use but more the way u use it.
u wont use a hb and a 8b pencil the same way but the 2 can give really nice effect. i usually do all my drawings in hb pencils and i use ''more b'' pencils to darken them a bit.....
and btw brand arent really important. at start i was loving staedhler pencils bnut whebn i buyed other i ddidnt really saw the change... (i often use hb pencils comming from companies that have their name write on it :).)
but by the way sthaedler have the best eraser and pencil sharperner....:grin: :grin:

anyway ill let the author comemnt on that.....btw really nice work.

Emauher
04-06-2002, 02:17 PM
element412 is right .. It depends on how u use ur equipment. . If you want to draw sharp edges , there's nothing better that a hb pencil .. But when it comes to shading , but smooth ( shading depends on the style you have .. Some likes dark strokes , some likes smudging after smooth strokes... So firstly decide what u want to do. Then the appropriate tools will help you ...

In that sketch i wanted a smooth shading , a fade effect , but the paper isnt a high quality one .. But its not that bad this way ...

Thanks for your reply's...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.