PDA

View Full Version : still waiting for upgrade?

cresshead
05-17-2007, 08:24 PM
who's still waiting for their download/activation for ZB3?

...btw i am!:)

Arcanox
05-17-2007, 08:34 PM
They're really taking their time aren't they?

cresshead
05-17-2007, 08:38 PM
just with seeing all these people up n playing...wasn't sure if i was the only one not doing so!
...phew...doesn't feel so bad now that there's a few people waiting!:thumbsup:

WyattHarris
05-17-2007, 09:08 PM
:wavey: Me too and this being the perfect week as I've been off the whole time.

Just not fair. :)

garycrump
05-17-2007, 10:03 PM
I just got mine so must be doing manual upgrades. I am pretty sure that was near the top of the list since I contacted support on Sunday. So they are coming. I went and did somethings that I had to do when I came back it was there. So you may want to step away and come back it will help with the anxiety. At least it did for me.

Rhs_CG
05-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Hmmm..... I sent mine in on Saturday, and still no word.

garycrump
05-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Hmmm..... I sent mine in on Saturday, and still no word.

Well I guess that theory is out the door.

Rhs_CG
05-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Oh well. Life goes on, eh?

richcz3
05-17-2007, 10:47 PM
I don't know what the official criteria for Pixologic sending out upgrade updates.
What I read and can't verify is that they were taking the first initial of surnames in account which sounds unusual.

I had an email issue that I needed resolution with - emailed pixologic Sunday night - Tuesday morning I was good and pre-registered. Recieved my download instructions last night at about 11:00PM. It took three attempts to download the 30MB file. I bought 2.0 the first day it was made available. Don't know if that plays into getting the upgrade as fast as I did.

phexitol
05-17-2007, 11:08 PM
I bought ZB 2.0 in December 2004, preregistered the second day that the "preregister" thread was up, and I got mine last night/this morning about 4 hours after richcz3 did. Only had a couple of hours to play; still stuck on the MatCap "documentation". I'll start a new thread when I get home if I still can't figure it out, rather than hijack this one (unless someone has a link to a step-by-step tutorial that begins with "create a new ZBrush3 document", and holds my hand like a baby every step of the way).

mocaw
05-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Mine came this morning and I didn't register until the 15th AND I transfered the license from someone else last December AND my last name starts with a K! Go figure.

I think they're just taking them one at a time as they get to them- and maybe they are doing it manually and have split it up into several chuncks with several people each going down their lists in its own order.

So maybe Joe gets pre reg for the 14th, sally 15th, Jim 16th...and so on?

A friend of mine pre-reg about the same time as me, and bought Zbrush I think in Jan of this year...his last name ends with a J and he got it about 8hrs after me. Hang in there- it will come- they're just making sure the WETA folks get theirs last :)

Layer01
05-17-2007, 11:36 PM
well i feel like the biggest idiot :banghead:
I bought 2 the day before 3 was due to come out, thinking there would be a price hike with 3...But the price hasn't really changed and now i'm probably "last" on the list if its a first come first serve basis :sad: Meanwhile people who just bought 3 get theirs straight away..its a bit lame.
also..and this is probably worse, if they do a free upgrade for their next version for people who bought 3..then i've just completely shot myself in the foot and ensured i dont get it as i technically bought 2 (even though i haven't downloaded it and dont intend to) :cry:

Hopefully I'll get it soon, and i'll be able to disctract myself with it..but if i just cut off any possible free upgrades in the future..man that would suck hardcore.
(and yes i know its a bit early to be anticipating free upgrades :p )

mocaw
05-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Companies like NewTek and Softimage will still give you the upgrade if you bought within 30days of the required time but that's BEFORE the upgrade is announced. I doubt the next one is gonna be free to anyone!

Layer01
05-18-2007, 05:19 AM
5 hours later and still waiting :(

cresshead
05-18-2007, 05:07 PM
still no sign of my upgrade email ....they said if i don't recieve it by monday then contact them....oh well...i'll keep waiting for now!:)

of course with the threads appearing saying zb3 is a bit unstable having 2.0 to fall back on is good to know.

Mentat7
05-18-2007, 06:02 PM
All I can say is be patient. They are processing the pre-registration requests in batches (manually I suspect) and there are thousands of them. I am a beta tester and we were given access to pre-registration a day before it went live to the public and I still haven't received my download info. So sit tight, be patient, and if you haven't heard anything then respond to them in the manner and at the time of which they have instructed.

marciani
05-19-2007, 07:05 AM
You aren't alone.....

Bye
Leo

sllink
05-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Ok now I feel better. Sorry guys.

Photon4D
05-20-2007, 01:24 AM
You are not the last one, I am..

I bought the ZB2 just right before ZB3 launches :deal: and I feel so stupid too. They "probably" do their "best" but that's apparently not the excuse to make us suffer like this ! :sad:

well i feel like the biggest idiot :banghead:
I bought 2 the day before 3 was due to come out, thinking there would be a price hike with 3...But the price hasn't really changed and now i'm probably "last" on the list if its a first come first serve basis :sad: Meanwhile people who just bought 3 get theirs straight away..its a bit lame.
also..and this is probably worse, if they do a free upgrade for their next version for people who bought 3..then i've just completely shot myself in the foot and ensured i dont get it as i technically bought 2 (even though i haven't downloaded it and dont intend to) :cry:

Hopefully I'll get it soon, and i'll be able to disctract myself with it..but if i just cut off any possible free upgrades in the future..man that would suck hardcore.
(and yes i know its a bit early to be anticipating free upgrades :p )

marciani
05-21-2007, 06:06 AM
Are you still waiting again?

Don't worry, me too..
Bye
Leo

cresshead
05-21-2007, 06:54 AM
yeah me too still...just been watching the intro to z brush dvd from meats meier which is brilliant...best vid so far...i have the glen southern dvd and the digital tutors dvd's too...this one is really cookin!...only installed z brush 2.0 last week so it's ALL new to me...no doubt when 3.0 finally arrives i'll be searchin for some more dvd's!

willog
05-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Still waiting here too, I pre registered just about an hour or so after it opened over a week ago and still got no download link, feel totally let down by the pix team, they cannot even answer the single email I sent them 5 days ago ffs.
Oh Well!! what can one do but wait hmmmmmm

aurick
05-21-2007, 10:49 PM
If you have not received your downlink then please post in the ZBrush Registration Support (http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/forumdisplay.php?f=83) forum.
Before posting, please read the instructions (http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/announcement.php?f=83).
Thanks.

cresshead
05-21-2007, 10:56 PM
thanks!...

steve g

marciani
05-22-2007, 06:28 AM
i'VE GOT IT
BYE
LEO

Photon4D
05-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Just got it ! Thank you Pixologic ! :scream:

cresshead
05-22-2007, 11:04 AM
crossed fingers....me next?:)

Photon4D
05-22-2007, 01:02 PM
crossed fingers....me next?:)

In case you didn't notice, you need to go back to the thread you submitted in the ZBrush Registration Support (http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/forumdisplay.php?f=83) forum, the support will reply to your post with a download link. :thumbsup:

cresshead
05-22-2007, 05:46 PM
me really happy!:thumbsup:

thanks for the pointer!

first bash....quick play around in zb3

http://www.cresshead.com/wip/zb3_stee.JPG

CGTalk Moderation
05-22-2007, 05:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.