PDA

View Full Version : Apple Qmaster & Shake - HELP!

fotomark
05-17-2007, 09:19 PM
We recently purchased four of the new Intel Quad Xserves.

I installed the latest version of Qmaster found on my shake 4.1 CD on each Xserve

In the Apple Qmaster preference pane
1) My first Xserv (rendermac01) I configured with "Services and Cluster controller" enable and under Services Rendering was "Shared" and "Managed"
2) for the remaing 3 Xserves I configured tehm with "Services only" enable and under Services Rendering was "Shared" and "Managed"

I created a cluster named "rendermac" in qadministrator and was able to drag each of the servers and the 4 render nodes from the Qmaster Service Browser in the services pane for Controller Rendermac01

All 4 Xserves show up in Qadministrator in the cluser I created ("rendermac") but jobs never sent to them

All four Xserves are set up with the same automounts to nfs networked attached storage

when I submit a Shake render job from one of the nodes , it only renders on the node on which it was submitted and none of the others

what am I missing in getting this poorly documented software to work correctly?

CGTalk Moderation
05-17-2007, 09:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.