PDA

View Full Version : RE: Character. seamless uv texture?

DOOMNINJA
03-15-2003, 04:22 AM
Hi and/or Hello !!!

This is a video game character im currently texturing (amongst other things), and i thought I'de post a few pics of my progress.

Any c and c are welcome, but the focus of my post was to get some suggestions on methods related to painting seamless textures on your UV texture maps. Im pretty sure its really important to have the corosponding seam edges be the same length on both sides of the UV map, but im a newbie so thats about all i really know. Any neat little tricks anyone has devised would be a real help!

Thanks a bunch,

- Doom

P.S. Sorry for poor image quality, stupid compression can attack with little or no provocation... at ANY time.

DOOMNINJA
03-15-2003, 04:27 AM
heres a close up of one of the seams. Ive tried magic wand selecting the polygons areas in photoshop then copingy pasteing /flipping the selection area and matching it up on the other side. As you can see ive only done that for the top middle portion so far, with limiting sucsess.

DOOMNINJA
03-15-2003, 04:33 AM
heres a sample of the uv map area. i think the whole uvmap is 515x512.

bugo
03-15-2003, 06:01 AM
behind the knee there is an error, try to figure that!

Uv and texture is really great! Polycount?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.