PDA

View Full Version : Pinning display Bug / saving expression constarints

Kiwistylz
05-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Ki-ora All ,

I seem to be having a buggy result when tryin to use cutsom controll rigs, The Rig is nothing too extravegant . Standard MB controll Rig only a simple Hand Expression (buzz) extention for sliders and a couple of extra Aux Pivots hooked up to handles for feet. Everything functions fine as far as the rig is concerned but when i come to load it onto a new character, my pinning display and functionality breaks errr SUMTIMES, i can no longer see any visual feedback ie : T n R ,, yet the small grey manual buttons see to be gettin pressed however not functioning like they aren`t at all . I have tried troubleshooting ,deleting section by section out of my rig n still cant really come up with a consistant result ...
I think it`s behaving like its stuck in selection mode (Although definatly not)... Any ideas ???please its driving me Bonkers :)

B) I try to save out a selection of just the expression.. it saves out fine but when comes time to merging back in or opening the expression it crashes MB ... ? any thoughts ideas ??

Kiwistylz
05-18-2007, 10:10 AM
So i finally got to the bottom of wat was causing my pinning visual feedback bug, Turns out if you are wanting to save out " Modified Controll Rigs" and load them into new scene`s and character`s etc You MUST do a " Save Selection " !! Deleting all other content\properties that are in the file is not surfice. Seems Motionbuilder leaves junk in a Save or Save As function causing it to conflict with the new scene. Ughh gotta love those motionbuilder isms.

< Still cant figure out how to save out a Expression Constraint though , i believe it is crashing because its searching for custom properties that dont exist unless you save out the controll rig with , and this is wat im trying to avoid,, anywho ,, if anyone can shed some light on the whole situation would be more than appreciated !! :)

Cheers

CGTalk Moderation
05-18-2007, 10:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.