PDA

View Full Version : noob needs help emitting from geometry

antimatter289
05-15-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm not a Max noob, just a particle noob. How do I set geometry (or a proxy mesh in my case since the original is high/complex poly) as the emitter for PFSource? I'm having the emitter split into 10 streams of 10% each to follow along a path. But I need it to emit from my geometry, not just the icon.

Searching this forum and google didn't help much, and the CG Acedemy Particle Flow Fundamental Set didn't explain it (at least not in the fast forward version I looked at quickly).

charleyc
05-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Use a Position Object Operator.

antimatter289
05-16-2007, 02:24 PM
I wondered if that was it, but never actually tried it. Thanks! (the little descriptor in the particle view dialog could be a little more obvious).

charleyc
05-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Yeah, PFlow takes a bit to grasp compared to other parts of max, but once you get the basics, it is really pretty simple. It is one of those things that is worth reading the help files on. It is a real powerful tool to know.

CGTalk Moderation
05-16-2007, 03:14 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.