PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Inside Lightwave 7 CD

OrestesMantra
03-14-2003, 05:30 PM
Im having problems loading scenes from the CD. Whenever I want to load a few scenes from Chapter 7(Arealight and Blankroom for example) i get an error that says

"Cant find "C:NewRiders/INLW_7/Projects/Objects/Chapter7/ChairRoom_Texture.lwo

Select an alternate file"

I set the content directory to "E[my CD-rom drive]:/Projects" and I have no clue where its getting that address above from. Other scene files seem to work and I can load objects fine. Anyone else has this problem?

suttercane
03-14-2003, 06:44 PM
yea i have the same problem, all u have to do is when it asks u for the alternate file, go browse and go in the objects folder, then the chapter u want and select the object manually and it will load.

OrestesMantra
03-14-2003, 10:43 PM
Yeah,but im not trying to load an object....Im trying to load a scene.

Rumpus King
03-14-2003, 10:51 PM
You may be trying to load a scene, but the scene is trying to load the object. That object is not where the scene expects it to be. Do what the man says and you'll be good to go. :)

OrestesMantra
03-15-2003, 12:55 AM
Yay, it worked:)

Do you know why it would be looking in the wrong place?Is it the CD or lightwave?

Rumpus King
03-15-2003, 01:16 AM
That scene file was saved on somebody's C: drive. You loaded it from your E: drive.

copy all the content on the cd to C:NewRiders/INLW_7/Projects and you should be good to go. So you should have these directories...

C:NewRiders/INLW_7/Projects/objects
C:NewRiders/INLW_7/Projects/images
C:NewRiders/INLW_7/Projects/scenes

etc.

And make sure you change your content directory in LW to C:NewRiders/INLW_7/Projects

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.