PDA

View Full Version : .bat files and compiling shaders

mr Bob
05-14-2007, 05:36 AM
Hi guys ,

I can use the CMD line to compile my shader successfully ! but as soon as I try and write a .bat file I get errors like shaderdl: cannot open 'C:\Program' (system error: No error)

my .bat file is

"C:\Program Files\3Delight\bin\shaderdl.exe" C:\Program Files\3Delight\shaders\Dev_shaders\myshader.sl

any ideas ?

pgregory
05-14-2007, 08:07 AM
You'll need to quote your argument to the program as well as the program itself, i.e.

"C:\Program Files\3Delight\bin\shaderdl.exe" "C:\Program Files\3Delight\shaders\Dev_shaders\myshader.sl"

otherwise shaderdl.exe is looking for two shaders, one called C:\Program and the other called Files\3Delight\shaders\Dev_shaders\myshader.sl, neither of which it will find.

Paul Gregory

mr Bob
05-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Cheers for the answer gregory....

The docs say it should put the compiled shader into the working dir , but in the end to get it to work

"C:\3Delight\bin\shaderdl.exe" -d D:\Renderman_shaders\shaders "D:\Renderman_shaders\shaders\myshader.sl"

I had to add a specific dir to put the file.

B

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2007, 08:35 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.