PDA

View Full Version : Mom - modeling

DimitrisLiatsos
03-14-2003, 03:52 PM
So.. i am making an effort on lildragon's thoughts and making a thread for MOM . In this way here Kirt, Ila and all the others can see only this part of work .

Kirt ...new update on body :wip:

:bounce:

Is this ok lildragon ?

:wavey:

lildragon
03-14-2003, 04:17 PM
Yup yup perfect ;)

salud

Kirt
03-15-2003, 10:29 AM
I'll have to get you some more concept sketches soon. I still don't think you're there with the feet and lower legs. And now the sleeves are suffering the same problem.

Forget what you know about the human anatomy and see if you can't get it closer to what I've supplied so far. I'll rush some additional illustrations for you. But for now - more roundness like what you have going on in the hip area!

http://www.cell2000.net/~users/kirtstanke/alienz/images/mother-and-baby-concept-01.jpg

:wip:

MaDeuce
03-15-2003, 11:28 AM
Dimiti- Good to meet you and nice to have you on board

I was having similar problems at 1st as well with overdoing definition in atatomy. Heres what I would suggest so far

Look at the toes in Kirts image. They are nice and plump and linda squashed together. There shouldnt be spaces between them. The feet should be more plump to and not as square like they are at the top of the feet

The kneecaps are kinda large and bony. You might wanna reduce the geometry here and decrease the definition. BTW could you do a screen grab and post a wireframe when you get a chance

The boobs are too spherical and perky. Model her like shes not wearing a bra, and make a more smooth transition around and between them into the shirt coz the clothes look to skin tight right now

I hope this helps. Keep doing it

-Steve

DimitrisLiatsos
03-15-2003, 01:13 PM
Kirt ,MaDeuce ...i think now that i understood better where is my bigger mistake ....i should take more notice on Kirt's drawing....:hmm: ...Give me some time...i thing i know now what look and feeling u are after :wip: :wip:

P.S: Steve ...glad to be here with all of u and work with so many great minds for the same project...thanks for the tips , it helps a lot to understand what i must go for in the design of the character!!!:wavey:

DimitrisLiatsos
03-16-2003, 02:52 PM
Kirt ....did some things on the upper body and from knee to anckle mesh...check it out and let me know if know i am on the right way..:bounce:(i haven't touch the darken area yet...nor the sleeves)

DimitrisLiatsos
03-16-2003, 05:29 PM
For Ila

CS for Maya 0.9

ilasolomon
03-16-2003, 11:41 PM
thanx Dimitris, now where is the file/link ?

DimitrisLiatsos
03-17-2003, 08:49 AM
:bounce: Ila ..here is the page..

http://www.highend3d.com/maya/mel/?group=melscripts&section=animation

Sort by name....it is CSforMAYA v0.9

The coolest rigger i 've seen free ever. Send to lildragon who studies maya also.

Tell me what u think about it 'cuase i am thinking to rig MOM with it.:bounce: :wavey:

Kirt
03-17-2003, 09:22 AM
I think you've got it between the hips and ankles so don't touch that again until we see the rest of her completed. The feet are still small and boney looking. I think you need some more concept drawings. I'll put a couple more together tomorrow when I have slow time at work.

DimitrisLiatsos
03-17-2003, 09:36 AM
Ok Kirt , although i was hoping that i wouldn't bother u to much until some final point ..so sorry !!! Now that i think i am in your general concept (..i think i say again:wip: ) i will fix from ankle to tips. Must have a better detail on face and some observation on the sleeves (sketch those on my render if u want..).

:wip: :wip: :wip:

DimitrisLiatsos
03-17-2003, 01:37 PM
:bounce: legs so far....:wip: ??????

now?

DimitrisLiatsos
03-19-2003, 01:15 PM
:bounce: Kirt hi , have u got any concept drawings for Mom to give me ?:bounce:

Kirt
03-19-2003, 05:47 PM
Sorry, had a busy couple nights at work. I'll do some this afternoon before I go to work.

DimitrisLiatsos
03-19-2003, 06:40 PM
:wavey: That's ok Kirt .If u are tired, send it any time u have the time ! :beer:

Kirt
03-19-2003, 09:57 PM
I'm always tired. :D
I added a mom side view to the misc characters thread (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=473918#post473918). Let me know what else you need.

DimitrisLiatsos
03-21-2003, 08:50 PM
:wavey: Kirt ...hi again..as far for a general ref i am ok...question ...is that a beauty mask she wears on her face ? like the ones my wife wears sometimes and scares the s..t out of me:scream: :surprised :scream: ...?

I think i am ok...just any time if u can draw a close up 3/4 on the face....cya!!!:beer:

Kirt
03-22-2003, 02:51 AM
Yes, the mom is wearing one of those horrid green 'beauty' masks. Sexy huh?

I'm adding the 3/4 view to my "to do" list.

DimitrisLiatsos
04-20-2003, 11:50 PM
:bounce: Kirt ..hi i know you'r very busy these days ..so until u have some closeups for Mom's face...i will fix her shirt 'cuase i know that mine is not the one in your concept drawing..lol....hope to here from u soon...take care!!!

Updating in the next 3 days...:wip:

Kirt
04-21-2003, 12:06 AM
I just added a 3/4 view to the concept thread (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49929). Do you need more views?

DimitrisLiatsos
04-21-2003, 12:59 AM
:thumbsup: Nop ...thanks..ok for now...updating soon now!!!:wavey:

DimitrisLiatsos
05-11-2003, 12:37 AM
:bounce: Hi Kirt!!!...now that i am seeing again what i have dove with her shirt and arms...Jesus...i am so off...i must get my head again on MOM...updating soon:wip: :wip: :wip:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.