PDA

View Full Version : basic problem: vue > maya > vue

sunlite
05-13-2007, 11:02 AM
hi,

on our universitie's computers vue 6 xstream is installed. i thought to play with it a lil bit. we don't have a subject in which vue is explained, so i need your help. i created a lot of different things within vue but now it's time to bring it in to maya. in maya > plugin manager there is an option "vuesynch". i activated it and i started it after MEL-scripting "VueSynch".
a little window opened: the vue infinite synchronizer.
but how do i get a vue-scene into maya or a whole maya-scene into vue?
in vue synchronizer i can only select a view (persp, front, side, top), export to a *.dat-file or just synchronize. but i don't know how to bring a scene from one tool to the other.

does anybody now? what exactly do i need and what do i need to do? i am very thankful for a step-2-step-explanation.

thank you

fomal
05-15-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm using vue xstream with maya and the way I work with it is pretty straight forward. I never use the sync plug-in. Useful for camera's but vue xstream loads a vue camera into your maya scene by default. It converts the vue cooridinates to maya and is therefore keyable etc.

You can import your maya objects into a vue scene by saving them as an object (obj. file).

But you should get the plug in running under maya. To do that type this mel command in the script editor: loadNewShelf "shelf_Vue6xStreamPlugin.mel"; You need to have the plug-in pack installed with the correct license for the render engine you are using. Otherwise it will not work. If this is not the case you can only run it in stand-alone mode.

sunlite
05-16-2007, 05:21 PM
thank you very much fomal. that's exactly what i wanted to know. i really don't know if this plugin is installed on our universities computers. i need to check it out.but thank you very much ;)

fomal
05-16-2007, 05:28 PM
No problem,

have fun!

sunlite
05-16-2007, 05:30 PM
;) thank you

CGTalk Moderation
05-16-2007, 05:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.