PDA

View Full Version : Progressive messages

warriorash
05-12-2007, 11:04 AM
remember an option in the render settings under translation as Progrssive messages

which gives us an idea of how much % of the scene has been renered
which is displayed in the output window

it goes like....
1.0% rendered on system1..00
1.6% rendered on system1..00
2.0% rendered on system1..00
...etc

i am not able to find that option in MAYA 8.5 ..
do i have to load it from anywhere??
or did they remove that ??

thanks in advance

warriorash
05-12-2007, 01:38 PM
well i just found something in the outliner .....

rt click in the outliner and "show DAG objects only "

u shd have mental ray render assigned to see these nodes

then scroll down to find something called "mental ray globuls "

then click in that there are 2 tabs showing those translation and renderer

even after selecting the Progressive messages from the drop down box it doesnt show up in the outliner window while rendering ..

is anybody facing this problem??

i womder why they maya > 8.0 as a treasure hunt package??

floze
05-12-2007, 01:57 PM
well i just found something in the outliner .....

rt click in the outliner and "show DAG objects only "

u shd have mental ray render assigned to see these nodes

then scroll down to find something called "mental ray globuls "

then click in that there are 2 tabs showing those translation and renderer

even after selecting the Progressive messages from the drop down box it doesnt show up in the outliner window while rendering ..

is anybody facing this problem??

i womder why they maya > 8.0 as a treasure hunt package??
Go to the Rendering> Render dropdown menu in the main UI and click on the little box next to 'Render Current Frame'. Et voilŗ.

warriorash
05-12-2007, 02:02 PM
Et Voila its done!
thanks Floze

Emil3d
05-12-2007, 03:04 PM
,,, i womder why they maya > 8.0 as a treasure hunt package??These controls are now separate for Render > Render Current Frame and Render > Batch Render

To me the new arrangement makes much more sense, is more convenient, and has better functionality. Render Current Frame uses Render View renderer and output the progress messages to the Output Window while the progress messages for the Batch Renderer are generated and saved in the mayaRenderLog.txt during rendering.

Also these settings are now saved in the prefs folder and are valid for all new scenes, so you donít need to set them up for every new scene. Previously these settings were saved with the file which didnít make much sense

warriorash
05-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Hmmm... so there are so much into in huh? ...:wise:

well i am just a beginner here! .... i was hunting for that option for a pretty long time before posting it here...

even the Maya 8.5 Documentation didnt have proper description about it! ...

anyway thanks Emil3d

Emil3d
05-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Yea, using the help is art in itself:D and probably one of the most essential tools in Maya that needs to be mastered before anything else. Not that the Help is perfect, in fact quite the opposite, but without it you canít do as much.

What I did, the first time I didnít find these feature in the Render Settings window, was to choose from its menu, Help > Help on Render Settings, then click Mental Ray tab link and scroll down to the Translation section. Right there at the beginning of it they put this note:

ďIn Maya 8.0, the Export Verbosity attribute was used to control the rendering verbosity. In Maya 8.5, this control has been moved to the mental ray Render Option editor and the mental ray Batch Render Option editor. See Render > Render Current Frame and Render > Batch Render for more information.Ē

Iíve been actively learning Maya for more than a couple of years now and have used the Help a lot with mixed results. So I canít tell if a beginner will intuitively and easily take these steps but for me it was a pretty obvious path to follow and luckily found the answer quickly

Hopefully my message helps you with using Maya Help.:)

warriorash
05-13-2007, 05:06 AM
i did a search and looked for it in the mental ray render settings help

i guess it will take some time for me to master the help also ...LOL ..
:buttrock:
Thanks a lot Emil 3d

coatl28
02-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Hi

I am rendering with the "Render -r mr" command in Maya 2008 but I can't make the Progress Messages to appear in the console where I run this command. Does anyone knows where can I find them?

I've changed the "Export Verbosity" drop list in the Mental Ray Render Globals to "Progress Messages" but I get nothing. When I do Render->Render Current Frame->Option Box I can set de Verbosity to Progress Messages and see them in the Console I used to call the Maya application, but the problem is that I need to render via the command line whithout ever launching the maya application.

I am using Maya 2008 over linux.

foggyball
02-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Just add the flag -v 5. Which gives you verbosity 5.

coatl28
02-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Works just perfectly!!!

Thanks foggyball

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2008, 07:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.