PDA

View Full Version : "WHOOPS!!!" - Villain - DIMO

DIMO
03-14-2003, 10:53 AM
Hi,

last round was so much fun that I have to do another round.

My idea is about an old witch that brews her magic poison.
I have different plots in mind. I might also use my scrat model from the last challenge as a supporting actor.
She could brew a delicious scrat soup. Or Scrat could be an important ingredient.
I have to think about it a bit more.

In any case - this is going to be so much fun!!!!:drool: :drool:

DKScully
03-14-2003, 12:26 PM
I liked a lot your last challenge... I think it was very original. So I'm wating for your oneĦĦĦĦ

BishopLynx
03-15-2003, 01:59 AM
loved last months and I wish you well with this one.

DIMO
03-15-2003, 09:11 PM
Glad that you liked it.

And congratulation to the winners!

I hope I can improve my animation a bit this round.

But there's a long way to go before animating.
I made a bunch of drawings to get into the idea of a witch. I just are not sure about my story yet. So I first will design and model the witch. Here are some concept drawings of her face.

http://www2.hdm-stuttgart.de/~dm05/WitchDrawing.jpg

It will take a while to get her right, so don't expect updates the next few days.

DIMO
03-21-2003, 12:27 AM
So here's a little update .

But I'm still modeling

http://www2.hdm-stuttgart.de/~dm05/Moods.jpg

DIMO
03-26-2003, 08:36 AM
Hey,

I ordered Motionbuilder PLE last weekend. It sound like it's a good tool for experimenting with motion. As soon as it's here I will give it a try on this challenge.

I'm still undecided about my story. If anybody has some more ideas what could go wrong in a witch's kitchen, I'm thankful for every inspiration.

I don't want to rig the character unless I have read some pages in the motionbuilder manual. I will probalbly texture the witch till Fedex has shipped the package. Textures are allowed this round, I think.

Stephen Vyas
03-26-2003, 08:50 AM
the food she's making could come to life

DIMO
04-02-2003, 10:59 AM
Finally my copy of Motionbuilder arrived and I really enjoy the realtime feedback. The time of playblasting is gone for my challenge works.

So here's my first steps in motionbuilder. There are still a lot of issues I have to adress. All the jerky motions and intersections. But I want to post an update to show I'm still in.

What do you think of the overall idea?

Note that this is rendered with motionbuilder and is pretty much what you have as realtime interaction (just except for the antialiasing). My scene is polygonlight so I have smooth 60 fps in the viewport.
:buttrock:

first animation (http://www2.hdm-stuttgart.de/~dm05/Witch.avi)

DIMO
04-30-2003, 08:41 AM
-Pulled-

Sorry,

I have to meet a deadline at work, so i couldn't finish the challenge this time.

Fasty
05-07-2003, 12:51 AM
Even though it isn't finished I still enjoyed the animation! Very smooth, I hope you can finish it in your "spare time"!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.