PDA

View Full Version : Please help!!!Biped - Squash and Stretch

matkitdc
05-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Hi guys, I need help on animation using biped. Is it possible for biped to do squash and stretch?
For example. I need the characters' tummy and chest to bloat. From flat stomach to round stomach. I tried scaling the biped's spline but it does'nt work. How do i do that? and aslo with arms and feet to stretch. Please help...

Thanks

cresshead
05-11-2007, 10:37 AM
for breathing either:-
make a morph target
add a lattice deformer modifier
or a push modifier

for general squah n stretch for a biped, i don't think biped is constructed for that sort of
animation you'll be better off with a custom bone rig

benytone
05-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Hi guys, I need help on animation using biped. Is it possible for biped to do squash and stretch?
For example. I need the characters' tummy and chest to bloat. From flat stomach to round stomach. I tried scaling the biped's spline but it does'nt work. How do i do that? and aslo with arms and feet to stretch. Please help...

Thanks

I don't know about 3dmax but in cinema 4d it's very easy-simple to use and setup
(Cinema 4d 10 has a extremely powerful and advanced Rigging Tools)
a look over my tutorial, Click => FFD-Weighting (http://www.123webseite.de/user/28c52b921cbdf9c5a14e712755a0e1f7/index.php?pageid=1) ''FFD setup in Cinema 4d 10 - Mocca 3''

HaveFun

_stev_
05-11-2007, 11:02 PM
I tried scaling the biped's spline but it does'nt work. How do i do that? and aslo with arms and feet to stretch.

To scale a biped bone do the following:

Select the bone you want to scale.

In the motion panel open "Biped SubAnim" and then open "BipScaleList" under the Assign Controllers rollout.

Highlight "Available" under the BipScaleList and hit the "Assign Controller" button.

Choose "ScaleXYZ"

Open the "Keyframing Tools" rollout and check the "Enable Subanims" button (Upper Left).

Now you can scale the bone.

Later,
Stev

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2007, 11:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.