PDA

View Full Version : lightwave issue dual displays

WU2
03-14-2003, 06:10 AM
Alright I finally got my geforce4 ti and geforce 4 mx (pci) to cooperate. My games all work right, win XP is handling everything ok. My main issue now is this...Lightwave runs fine on both displays EXCEPT for on the secondary display the menus dont work (File, Modeler, etc), I click them and nothing shows up, but I do see a window pop up on the task bar with no title (I guess the menus are like a popup window?). All my options windows (like layer browser, etc) keep defaulting to the primary display, but I dont want this...is there any way to fix this? I have tried messing with the nview options but to no avail (I dont completely understand adding programs to the "applications" tab, and assigning classes)...I assume I'm doing something wrong. Is there anyone who has had a similar issue and can help me? Thanks in advance.

lightman
03-14-2003, 02:29 PM
go to your display properties and on the geforce 4 tab click on the OpenGL section there you will find
Multi display hardware acceleration line and a drop down box
select multi device performance or combatibility mode and click ok

Restart lightwave and you should be good to go.

Valkyrien
03-15-2003, 02:43 AM
i had the very same problem when my primary diplay was on the right. Apparently Windows was havign issues and couldn't understand right-to-left orientation. So I switched the monitors, and reconfigured the orientation in Display Properties, and never had another problem:)

WU2
03-15-2003, 05:43 AM
switching the right-left orientation fixes it, but thats a major pain since My desk setup is really not gonna like the bigger 19 inch on the smaller left side of the desk...oh well I guess I'll figure something out

Valkyrien
03-15-2003, 05:47 AM
you can accomplish some pretty odd things with seemingly impossible odds. Here's what my desk looked like two months ago...

http://uhavax.hartford.edu/nhowe/images/room2.jpg

hey, my 900th post! cool!:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.