PDA

View Full Version : fileout needing DOD

jigen08
05-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Sorry to ask another seemingly simple question (I never know the proper terminology to hunt for these in the manual, and time is getting short):

I have a large single frame image. I am doing a basic pan down the frame using a SetDoD node. This is what I would like to render out, dimension-wise. The fileout node defaults to rendering out the entire large image dimensions and turning the moving area outside the DoD black. How do I just render the DoD's dimensions. (I could do this in FCP easily but I figure I need to learn Shake better.)

Thanks in advance. This forum saves my life.

Hugh
05-10-2007, 08:37 PM
You want to be using a Crop, Viewport or Window node for this (probably Window if you want to keep the resolution constant)

SetDOD is for setting the "Domain Of Definition" without changing the actual viewport resolution. All the DOD is saying is that everything outside it can be ignored and should be black.

CGTalk Moderation
05-10-2007, 08:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.