PDA

View Full Version : movement -> rotation binding?

Okie-Ozolinsh
05-10-2007, 07:48 AM
Hello!

I would need some help on this thing. I know it's possible because i have donne it before, but it was very long time ago and i can't remember anymore how i did it.

What i need is -> when i move object A along let's say X axis i need object B to rotate along let's say Y axis. i know it was also possible to input how much it should rotate.

if someone could show me the way to find it or some tutorial or anything that could help i would appriciate it very much!

here's a 2 min illustration in paint :)

http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/8333/riggvu8.jpg

lifire
05-10-2007, 02:24 PM
If you're using Maya, you can make a direct connection from the object for translation, to the object that is to rotate. In addition, you can add a custom attribute to the translate object called "multiplier" that will be inserted between the output translation and input rotation to raise or lower it's effect on the fly, using a multiplyDivide node.

Good luck.

Okie-Ozolinsh
05-10-2007, 02:33 PM
thanks for reply ;)

but forgot to mention -> 3d studio max :(

lifire
05-10-2007, 02:34 PM
I'm sure it's something very similar if you check their help docs about making connection between objects.

Ruramuq
05-10-2007, 08:37 PM
this would be 'Wires',

also reaction manager, I don't like reaction very much, but it might help sometimes..

CGTalk Moderation
05-10-2007, 08:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.