PDA

View Full Version : Max to vue to max

lramos
05-09-2007, 08:23 PM
Hi guys!

I have a scene built in max, with all the materials and lights setups, but I'd like to insert some vue's vegetation, such as ecosystem.
How should I proceed with that? Should I take the objects that I want to have vegetation to vue, and bring it back to max? Is possible to merge a vue scene with a existent max scene?

Thanks!

bruno021
05-09-2007, 09:56 PM
It's possible if you have the Vue xStream plug in. If you don't have it, you can export your Vue scene in 3ds, and use the camera synch for max to synchronize your Vue scene with your max camera. However, you can't export ecosystems.
If you want to integrate a Vue scene with ecosystems, you'll need to get the xStream plug in.

lramos
05-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Thanks Bruno!
I do have the xstream plugin installed and licensed, but actually I never used that way.
What's the best way to proceed? Import everything into vue, include the camera?

Thanks man.

bruno021
05-12-2007, 06:15 PM
If you need precide placement of the vegetation, exporting your max model ( even a low poly proxy) into Vue is best, because when working with xstream, the Max objects don't show in the Vue viewport. Once you're done, delete the proxy, and merge your vue scene with your MAx scene using the xstream plug in. Be careful with sizes, as your object could have a different size in Vue if your scales are not adjusted the same in Max. Vue can use real world units ( feet, meters...), so I suggest you use the same in Max.

About the camera, it's up to you, you can use the Vue cam or a Max cam. If you want the latter, uncheck the option to use the Vue cam in the xstream preferences, or whatever they are called in Max.

lramos
05-14-2007, 01:17 AM
Thanks man!
But how I apply a matte/shadow material to an object? Is it possible?

Thank you for your help man.

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2007, 01:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.