PDA

View Full Version : search fatal error

mahmoudcg
05-09-2007, 03:19 PM
it happened to me frequently last days and its hapening again now
whenever i do a search query i get something like this
'Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /var/www/html/search.php on line 979'

i'm using firefox

Mibus
05-10-2007, 01:34 AM
Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about that. If you try refining your search terms, it might help. Else you can try using Google, enter "foo site:forums.cgsociety.org" to search for "foo" and limit your search to CGTalk.

Arcanox
05-10-2007, 01:54 PM
It seems to be happening to me as well. The funny thing is that I was searching for a thread I looked up only yesterday, using the exact same search terms. It worked fine then.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /var/www/html/search.php on line 974

mahmoudcg
05-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about that. If you try refining your search terms, it might help. Else you can try using Google, enter "foo site:forums.cgsociety.org" to search for "foo" and limit your search to CGTalk.
i will try the google trick when it happens again. thanks for the support
but what does that error mean? result too big or what?

Mibus
05-11-2007, 01:26 AM
Pretty much. The vBulletin search engine uses a stack of RAM and DB resources; there are limits in-built to PHP to stop things from consuming an unfair amount of RAM. We have that limit set to 32MB per connection (which is enough for 99.5% of cases).

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2007, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.