PDA

View Full Version : Band of Brothers

gh0st
03-14-2003, 01:37 AM
The Band of Brothers Modification for Unreal Tournament 2003 is currently in search of talented members to join the development team. Our modification is currently in the early planning and development stages. We’re looking for members to fill numerous positions. The positions are as follows:

Mapping Team Lead: Guide and direct the mapping team. Must have excellent skills in UnrealED.

Mappers: Help construct and bring our levels to life.

Map Designers: Plan in detail the layout of our maps, objectives, and other related material.

Weapons Modelers: Model both Allied and German WWII weapons as well as skin them.

Character Modelers: Must be experienced in creating modeled characters in detail w/ equipment etc.

Vehicle Modelers: Must be able to model tanks, planes, trucks, and other vehicles using blueprints provided.

Object Modelers: Will be responsible for modeling map objects such as interior elements, buildings, trees and other plants, and pretty much any other static object.

Animators: Will be responsible for animating characters, vehicles, and weapons.

GUI Designer: Must be able to design and code our User Interface.

Coders/Scripters: Will be responsible for coding AI and other map elements.

Texture Artists: Will be responsible for creating textures for maps as well as models.

If your interested in any of the positions above please visit our enlistment page to submit an application. Please allow 2 to 5 days for a reply as your application is being considered. Thank you all for your time. For more information visit our web site at: http://www.unrealwarfarex.com/bob

Kaz
03-14-2003, 03:27 AM
to me it looks like your team is pretty full? Do you have a lot of inactive people or something? Is this the same team doing the BOB mod for MOH? when I heard BOB i instantly thought MOH and then saw that your web link was actually to the MOH site.
If you don't mind me asking why even name it BOB? It's obviously licensed so any thoughts of publishing are pretty much out the window, unless you buy the rights, or spielberg and hanks wanna give you a shot.

Dark-Angel
03-14-2003, 04:54 AM
im currently trying to set up a team for sof2 for ww2 mod for it... hehe i see many like ww2 thems :)

zoso
03-16-2003, 11:06 PM
If you don't mind me asking why even name it BOB? It's obviously licensed so any thoughts of publishing are pretty much out the window, unless you buy the rights, or spielberg and hanks wanna give you a shot.

i was about to ask the same question.....

:hmm:

kleinluka
03-17-2003, 10:48 PM
it's a modification from what i gathered. not a stand alone game. they arent making any profit with this project so they should be able to name it whatever they want

zoso
03-17-2003, 11:12 PM
i don't think so...

they're taking someone elses licensed title and using it for their game. that's like me making a star wars mod for unreal and not having george lucas' approval...

in my opinion it just doesn't happen. it'd be easier to just name it something else.

think about it ....every game that was made from a movie franchise did so with the consent from the people that made the film. star trek games have to get paramounts approval. tom clancy games get tom clancy's approval. disney games/characters go through disney first.

to me it's like plagiarism you just don't do it without the owner's consent.

i'm not saying it's a bad idea to name your mod band of brothers i'm just saying make sure you're using the name legally before you wind in more trouble than it's worth.

chrisdejoya
03-17-2003, 11:24 PM
try Bandeau Brothers.

Kaz
03-18-2003, 03:46 AM
I think as long as you don't make any money off of it. it could be ok. But if you put like a paypal donation thing on your site or even took donations at all you could be in some serious trouble. Cause you would basically be making money off of a licensed name. Even if it's a mod.
But when mod makers make a game that is good there is a possability of you making money publishing it. So by naming your mod after BOB your basically saying you really don't want to publish it, no matter how good it ends up being. So the next Counter-strike this is not.

gh0st
03-19-2003, 12:57 AM
Well a company we almost partnered with held a meeting with HBO about the issue... so they know about us, but I think we will be ok as long as we dont sell it. As for the BoB Mod for MOHAA. We are the sister mod for that. We could use some good modelers if any of you wanna give it a shot.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.