PDA

View Full Version : Faster interaction

DrAdamDinosaur
03-14-2003, 12:54 AM
i am using my wacom for drawing but I keep getting a kind of halting in the movements. It is really frustrating because it affects what I'm doing. Does anyone know a way to speed us wacom interaction. Are there some settings I can turn down or off in photoshop that may free up some resources?

Also, I have a lot of trouble seeing the crosshair when drawing. Is there a way to make this show up no matter what colour/surface you are drawing over?

dg
03-17-2003, 08:23 AM
Which is the size of your image?
Do you have enough RAM memory?
What is the resolution of the image?
How are your scratch disks?
Is your image very complex?

All these things must be questionate before getting frustate, saddly this is very normal with bigger images and too way dense brushes (brush spacing set up).

And if you can't see the cross hair try to activate the Caps Lock key in your keybord this will switch between the crosshair and the brush size view.

I hope this helps,
See Ya :thumbsup:

DrAdamDinosaur
03-18-2003, 07:06 AM
Thanks alot for the caps lock tip. The main problen is the cursor blending into the background and becoming invisible. This should help though.

What I'm running:
amd2400+
515mb sd2100ram
80gig 7200rpm, 8mg cache hdd (installed drive)
9gig 5400rpm ( split into 8gig(d:) and 1gig(C:). D is scratch 2, C is scratch 3.

The image is only 1024 x 724 and 72dpi drawing mostly with a 3pxl brush.

I seem to experience the "jerking" as much when Im drawing slow as I do when I'm drawing fast.

dg
03-18-2003, 07:35 AM
Very weird man :surprised , your system is ok, don't have any reason to this happens, 1024x724 72dpi is a very small image.

Maybe you could check which services windows is loading, maybe there is some service who is eating up all your memory.
Man I don't have any idea of what it could be happening with your system.

Sorry man, :hmm:
See Ya!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.