PDA

View Full Version : keying issues

skater363636
05-09-2007, 07:25 AM
hey everyone, I'm having some issues right now that I have a feeling are going to be a really simple fix but I've been messing with it now for a few hours and have just been getting frustrated with it. Ok here's the deal... I have two characters in a scene and there doing a sword fight. I've used the story tool or window to get some seperate clips to extend one part. Now I need to do a little cleanup so that the motion works a little better such as matching up the swords and fixing some of the motion with rekeying since it didn't retarget really well. I've tried doing it with a subcharacter track and keying that way but that didn't work so no big worries there. Well I then processed the clips into current take onto the control rigs and was going to take it from there. Only issue is that nothing seems to be accepting keys. If looking in the character controls or the properties all the A's are greyed out. I've tried doing things like plotting to skeleton and then plotting back to the rig and have tried both input and output for the rig. Nothing seems to want to work and it's probably something right infront of my face that I'm not seeing since motionbuilder likes to be that way. I was able to get it to work earlier today when working at a different computer but can't seem to figure out how to get it to work again. I really hope someone out there will be able to help with this.

Neill
05-09-2007, 11:18 AM
hey everyone, I'm having some issues right now that I have a feeling are going to be a really simple fix but I've been messing with it now for a few hours and have just been getting frustrated with it. Ok here's the deal... I have two characters in a scene and there doing a sword fight. I've used the story tool or window to get some seperate clips to extend one part. Now I need to do a little cleanup so that the motion works a little better such as matching up the swords and fixing some of the motion with rekeying since it didn't retarget really well. I've tried doing it with a subcharacter track and keying that way but that didn't work so no big worries there. Well I then processed the clips into current take onto the control rigs and was going to take it from there. Only issue is that nothing seems to be accepting keys. If looking in the character controls or the properties all the A's are greyed out. I've tried doing things like plotting to skeleton and then plotting back to the rig and have tried both input and output for the rig. Nothing seems to want to work and it's probably something right infront of my face that I'm not seeing since motionbuilder likes to be that way. I was able to get it to work earlier today when working at a different computer but can't seem to figure out how to get it to work again. I really hope someone out there will be able to help with this.

Personaly, story editor in MB is just a good idea that I can't say about it realisation (too mush mistakes). But I find some way out. Open two copies of MB program, where in first I have to work with storyboarding and cameras and in second process current clip. It's very important, when I make changes in clip and whant to see this one in story, I going to save clip to another filename, like (001, 002, 003 it's looks like version control). And in story I load new version of clip. In this case everything work good.

bclark
05-09-2007, 07:52 PM
you just need to turn off the story mode once you plot back to the current take.
the you can go and key the rigs.. if story is still open or left on it contorls what is keyframed.

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2007, 07:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.