PDA

View Full Version : DGS_material question

cheeseskins
05-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Hi guys, I'm modelling a nintendo wii and am trying to get the glossy look of the plastic surface. Im using one ambient light with the intensity turned to 0 and IBL. I'm having trouble recreating the correct look of the surface, I'm using a basic phong, the two main problems i have is that to get a nice crisp white I have to modify the colour gain on the IBL node which tends to blow the surface out, leaving very little detail or reflections.

I've tried playing about with a dgs_material and can get a great look but only in black, how do you go about controlling the colour of a dgs_material? I tried mapping a white phong to the surface input node of the DGS but that didn't seem to work.

I've attached an image to try and highlight the problem. The modelling isn't completly finished yet and the bump map at the back needs working on, I dont think the bump is of high enough quality.

Is it best to have the emit light on the ILB on or off? Takes a lot lot longer to render with it on but I seem to have the same problems either way.

Many thanks guys.:thumbsup:

tfritzsche
05-10-2007, 02:49 PM
It looks as if the IBL is creating a yellow cast in the light. Are you mapping a HDR image to the IBL node if so you will have to remove the yellow cast from the image, if not use a more neutral color for the IBL.

CGTalk Moderation
05-10-2007, 02:49 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.