PDA

View Full Version : suppressing an alpha

jigen08
05-08-2007, 02:34 PM
I have some Maya iff files rendered using mia_physicalsky/mia_physicalsun. This gives me a realistic sun and cloud-free sky as a backdrop. The sky/sun is also part of an alpha channel so I could throw in a different sky if I like, but I'd prefer not to.

When I render my fileout nodes into Quicktime, they look fine. When I bring them into Final Cut or Motion there is no sky, it is black/transparent due to the alpha channel.

How can I suppress the alpha channel on rendering the file out node? Thanks in advance...

osxrules
05-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Add a color>setAlpha node just before the fileout and set it to 1. This will make a solid alpha channel.

You can also use a format that doesn't support alpha channels. I had the same problem in Final Cut with Pixlet. Motion JPEG doesn't support alpha and it works fine.

jigen08
05-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I'm on a Maya batch render, which gets slowed too much when I start dabbling in Shake, but I can't wait to try this a bit later.

Thanks again.

Hugh
05-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Or, set the alpha to 0 overall - this will convert the image from RGBA to RGB, and no alpha will be embedded.

CGTalk Moderation
05-08-2007, 09:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.