PDA

View Full Version : Blend Shape problems in maya 8

TheBigK
05-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Hello,

First off, im new to rigging so sorry in advance for any technilogical stupidity! I have been working on a character to supplement my showreel and I and having problems creating working blend shapes for my head. When I create my blend shapes on my base mesh the blend itself does appear to work however the when I try and move the rig with a blend active the head mesh does not follow the rig. Here is an image to help illustrate what im gibbering about.

http://www.kevin-adams.co.uk/kev/problem.gif

I have tried altering the order of the input operations on the base head mesh but this did not help. Any advice would be appreciated. I could also send the rig to anyone who would be willing to take a look at it. Thanks

Global
05-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Certainly seems like it's a problem with the order of evaluation. Are you sure that the blendshape comes before the skincluster? If the skinCluster appears above the blendShape on your list of inputs all should be well - if not you can select and drag with the MMB to change the order.

Short of having the envelope set to 0 on your smooth bound skin I can't think of any other reason it's behaving like that. Best practice would be to create the blendshape before you skin it (you only need one target shape in a default pose that you can add to later)

Hope that helps

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2007, 09:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.