PDA

View Full Version : sword, and objects!

bugo
03-13-2003, 07:46 PM
in a adv. game you can get a sword and some objects from a 3rd person camera, and the animation for it needs to be good!

For sure... the poses will be the attacking ground animation, jump attack animation and etc with your keys... I have a character and I need to know how I will pass it to the programmer with these poses, using the sword and without the sword, and animations to put this in hand and off hand!

can anyone show me how to do this? just the process inside maya! :rolleyes: Im lost!

Dont know if you have understood me, sorry my english!
Thx! :)

bugo
03-14-2003, 09:48 AM
im seeking for the answer! :wavey:

Supervlieg
03-14-2003, 10:37 AM
I dont really know if I get your question but here goes.

U usually parent your character to a dummy object. Dont animate the dummy object though. Animate your character referential to your dummy object. Make sure the sword is a separate object so the programmer can turn it on or off.

Perhaps you can also ask your programmer how he prefers to have the model prepared for him. You should try to work it out between the two of you.

bugo
03-14-2003, 06:39 PM
Ok, i think you have undertstood me! will the programator be the one to separate this dummy object from the body?

And when im animating, i will do the atack mode, in this mode the character will be getting your sword, to animate this I will not parent the sword with the hand character, Isnt that right? coz this is the programmer work... :rolleyes:

Ow, and thx dude!! :applause:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.