PDA

View Full Version : mirroring envelopes

fproto
03-13-2003, 05:14 PM
okay guys, i really need some help.

i applied a skin modifier to a mesh of two simple legs.

i added four bones that i created earlier, and edited the

envelopes on one leg. now i copied the envelopes from

one side to the other, but somehow they turn out different!

any suggestions on how i can get this right or some

other method would be very helpful. thanks.

Mahlon
03-14-2003, 09:28 PM
One thing might be this: Even though you can mirror envelopes, it doesn't mirror ALL aspects of the envelope --another one of discreet's 'almost there' senarios, imo. It will mirror the cross sections, but NOT envelope positions and length. So you'll have to adjust these by hand. It's not hard to adust and line them up pretty quickly in a side view. Still, it would be nice if the skin modifier felt more 'finished'.

Mahlon

fproto
03-15-2003, 01:11 AM
thx.

i guess i just have to do some labour work now :p.

Mahlon
03-15-2003, 05:32 AM
Yeah, I think skin is more work than it has to be. It should be comprehensive. It should be 'finished'. It's so close, 'cause it does make good sense, but yet, it's so far because the obvious things aren't there, mostly workflow kinda things and some slipped functionality.

EDIT: guess what I'm saying is that so many of max's functions seem 9/10ths the way finished....like...'Why stop there!!!' or split up between two functions or areas of the program. Well, here's hoping to max 6 that will solve this for me. Because it fairly rocks, even now.
Mahlon

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.