PDA

View Full Version : How do you export a 2D track into a 3d package?

Dogger
05-05-2007, 08:53 PM
What I am doing is this: Manually object tracking a face with a head model. I want an animated locator tracked to the nose (in the footage) to parent the model to. This way, I will not have to translate the model because the nose of the model is already tracked to the nose of the footage. I will then rotate and scale the model from the pivot (the locator that is tracked to the nose).

I am looking for a way to export a 2D track into a 3D package. What I would like, is to have a static (non-moving) camera and an animated locator (or null), that matches the exact motion of the 2D track when looking through the camera in the 3D package. I also require that the locator does not have animation in the z-axis (movement that towards and away from the camera).

When I export a camera track from a matchmoving software (Boujou or 3dEqualizer) the camera is animated with static locators, so this is not what I want.
When I export an object track from a matchmoving software, the locators are animated and the camera is static, so this is what I want. However, the locators are animated in z depth (ie. they move closer and further from the camera), and they do not exactly match the 2D track that they were derived from in the matchmoving software.

The only thing I can think to do, is to 2d track the nose in comp, then attach a tracking marker to the track and render out a new plate. I would then open that in my 3D package and manually move the locator over the tracking marker while looking through the camera, frame by frame.

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2007, 08:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.