PDA

View Full Version : The Hapless Hero/Villian - Character & Environment - SEL

SEL
03-13-2003, 04:36 PM
Hey guys and gals!

Just placing my thread up, going to do both 2d and 3d this challenge! Sketches coming soon!

SEL

SEL
03-15-2003, 03:02 AM
Hey guys and gals!

Alright, well I was deciding on whether to do my 2d with the super old people gang or do that in 3d, decided to do them in 3d, so that means my second Idea im going to do here:

The idea:

I was going to have a really muscular guy, muscles on muscles, and then some more muscle, and then I would have a really skinny big brained short nerdy guy. They would be the duo to save the world from evil. Each will have their own distinct personalities, they are laughed at by the cops and public because after they save someone or save the world from evil, something awekward happens giving credit to another individual who was at the right place at the right time. They never get the credit they deserve, but without them, the world would not be a safe place. They are unlucky but lucky at the same time by fighting for justice and freedom!

SEL

I will start the sketches tonight or tommarrow so you have a better Idea of what im going for...

I was also thinking about making this like a poster rather then a shot of them fighting. I havent decided yet...

TRyanD
03-16-2003, 02:37 AM
Nice idea!

Maybee find a way to make it the big muscle dudes fault for them loosing credit!

:thumbsup:

wildsheepchase
03-16-2003, 05:48 AM
I can't wait to see your sketch:D
:beer:

SEL
03-28-2003, 04:00 AM
tnx TRyanD and wildsheepchase!!
Alright, just posted in the 3d forum saying im back from a weeks hell of finals! SO plan on some sketches etc. for I now have a week off! woo hoo!!!

SEL

dinlenmis
03-29-2003, 09:34 PM
Nice idea...
Are you designing the same concept in the 3d challenge?

SEL
04-27-2003, 06:12 AM
well I finally spent some time on this challenge. This is the character that I will be doing for the challenge: Here is his description:

Crazy Jacky:

The most villainis of villains. He is the essence of the 7 sins and strives for destruction, riches, and mayhem, all bringing back a smile to his sadistic grin and black heart. The Irony of the situation is his greed struck him with a curse all men fear! The curse of being pregnant and going through everything women do! Oh the horror and pain, imagine him having to breast feed in the middle of destroying the world!!! The Egg will be a golden egg, but rather then riches being inside, a curse is let loose and a letter explaining this is shown..

SEL

Hope you all like it. The final Pencil drawing is done. I will finish the coloring and the background tommarrow hopefully. Stay tuned!

http://www.selart.com/other/crazy_clown_web1.jpg

wildsheepchase
04-27-2003, 06:32 AM
:love: There are so many things I like about this character that I don't know where to start...lol
I hope you have time to color this, though your "sketches" are polished enough IMO that they could stand as finished pieces of concept art.
I love how his hat is sitting on top of his afro.:D

SEL
04-28-2003, 01:44 AM
Hey all, well this should be my final image for this challenge, I wish I had more time to creat a whole gang, but maybe some time in the future, it would be nice to have colored this with a wacom also, but the old trusty mouse completed the job. If I end up having more time within the next couple days, Ill try to work more with the color of the piece, we'll see!

wildsheepchase- thanks a ton for following my stuff, im glad you like the character! ;)

http://www.selart.com/other/crazy_clown_done_small.jpg

:applause: :bounce: :buttrock: :wavey:

tmt
04-28-2003, 09:52 AM
Goood God! Amazing work, dude! :bounce: :thumbsup:

barcode
04-29-2003, 10:44 PM
Really incredible work you've got here! Checked out your website, you are a very talented artist - it's inspiring.

SEL
04-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Hey thanks guys, means a lot, glad to have finished this month! Its been fun!

barcode- glad you like my site though it is an older version and I should have the new one up soon!

chao!!

:beer: :buttrock: :applause: :wavey: :drool:

Virtuoso
04-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Wow ,excellent,soooo very expressive,funny,even a bit scary. High end top notch art work Sel,you have done a Wonderful job.:thumbsup: :beer:

wildsheepchase
05-01-2003, 07:17 AM
Excellent work...definately one of my favorites:beer:
I really liked your 3d characters as well:thumbsup:

SEL
05-01-2003, 11:57 PM
thanks to both of you! Always great to have postive peepz like you guys on the boards! Glad to see another challenge done and over with... "SEL raises his hand and wipes his forehead, as the month was a challenging one for him" :)

tnx again!

SEL

DV8
05-06-2003, 01:03 PM
Nice work on the challenge. what program did you use to paint? photoshop or painter?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 03:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.