PDA

View Full Version : Exporting into 3ds max 9

greenlazer
05-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Hi,
I was wondering how to export a scence or object into 3ds max 9. i have exported as .3ds and .obj and it doesnt look anything like what i created in vue. are there any settings that i need to change or is there any way of importing into max without converting to an object(that wouldnt make sense to me). i make all these awesome landscapes and i want them to look the same in max. i registered vue for max. i have read a little about world builder do i need that. or was all the hype about intergration just a bunch of bull.
any help or advice will be greatly appreciated
thanks
greenlazer

bruno021
05-06-2007, 09:21 AM
2 things not clear here:
Do you use Vue Infinite or xStream?
If Infinite, you do need to export as obj or 3ds so max can read the file.
If xStream, you only need to use the xStream plug in in the Max interface ( remember to turn on openGL), to see your Vue landscape.
Now about export, what happens is this: When exporting a terrain/object that uses procedural materials, Vue creates bitmaps to texture the exported object, because Max can't read Vue procedurals. The texture highly depends on the quality of the maps Vue will create, and always use the "generic parametizer" in the texture export options in order to avoid stretching.

Prata
06-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Hello, it seems that many people have the same problem that I do.

I Have Vue Xstream either and max 9, but I cannot put the plug-in runnig on in the utilities panel of max 9. I've tried to install the programs again, using open gl.. EVERYTHING... and I still cannot put it working, can someone help?.. please...

thnx
Prata

CGTalk Moderation
06-04-2007, 07:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.