PDA

View Full Version : More Than One Character?

-dc-
03-13-2003, 04:08 PM
I'm in the process of using MotionBuilder for animation, and I've run into a few problems. I have support to help, but I was going to see if anyone else has had these kinds of problems. OK so here goes:

I'm taking characters rigged in maya, bringing them into MotionBuilder for animation, then bringing them back to Maya for lighting and rendering.

When I do just one character, the entire process works great, but as soon as I try to add more than one character to a scene it doesn't work.

I am doing all the prefix naming, plotting my characters, exporting animation only, and then importing the animation into a maya scene with all the characters on it.

Sometimes the animation will actually transfer onto the characters, but then it's like it doesn't know where to globally place them, so they are spread out all over the place. Sometimes it scales things out of proportion, even though I froze tranformations and everything.

Anyone else having issues when trying to bring more than one character back and forth from MotionBuilder to Maya??

Regards,

Joe

crgowo
03-18-2003, 05:27 AM
i havent gotten my copy of MB yet so i may be wrong but can you import one character at a time and save the .mb file in maya then well all animations are in maya just in different files bring them all together in maya. Would that work?

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.