PDA

View Full Version : Demoreel by Joon Yang

masterjoon
05-04-2007, 08:35 PM
hey hey folks

This is Joon from Academy of Art University San Francisco.
Thanks to great teachers and friends I've finished my demoreel
And I would like to share it with you fellow animators

Currently working as a Freelancer until end of May 2007.
Hopefully I can land another solid job after this!

http://www.joonyang.com/animation_2/joonyang_demoreel.mov

special thanks to Stephen Gregory, Billy Merritt, Adam Burke and Mike Wu

enjoy~!

ivanisavich
05-05-2007, 01:11 AM
Wow man that is a fantastic reel!!! As soon as I saw the quality and knew you had to be from the Academy in San Fran...read your post after watching, and sure enough! :D

I laughed at nearly every shot, and I especially liked that fat little dog. Definitely think this should be up on the frontpage!

Whitmire
05-05-2007, 01:42 AM
Some nice work man. You have some good poses there. I particularly liked the alien segment. Good stuff.The guy in the electric chair could use a little more work in my opinion. Good stuff once again Joon! Keep it up!

Booyah
05-05-2007, 01:42 AM
FINALLY someone kills that damn Generi rig, It could have looked more painful but I'm glad you did it. I also really like the box push to over the wall, you have some quality stuff. Not having any music didn't bother me but it might be nice to have something tie in the silence with the audio clips to make the reel feel like it's one entire peice as appossed to individual stuff.

masterjoon
05-05-2007, 02:25 AM
Thanks for the awsome feedbacks folks! (^^) (_ _)

and Yes, that Generi had to be disposed !!! and he will die more painfully. I will make those changes! haha

thanks again

j o.O n

mttjss
05-05-2007, 03:26 PM
awesome stuff Joon-

I really liked the acting in these. I agree about the Generi one. I think the whole thing could have been pushed more.
Even the 2 balls at the end had some good stuff in it.
Nice job.

Matt -

kevinw
05-05-2007, 04:48 PM
What up Joon!

Good stuff man. My only suggestion would be to take off the ball clip at the end. It's a fine clip but makes your reel feel more "student" level. And yes I know this is all "student" work but the rest of your stuff is done really well and goes way beyond the ball exercise. But take or leave it, either way this is a great reel!
Congrats,
-kEViN

patrickkrebs
05-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Finally someone did something creative with that damn weighted box!
Awesome reel man.

Marcos_BorBa
05-05-2007, 09:10 PM
amazing work man! i ve seen your reel before on your website! Pretty cool. and i have to agree with most of the comments. The guy on the eletrical chair need some work, and i would cut off the final shot with balls. Order then that, killer demo, i think you wont have a problem to find a job!!

good luck!

masterjoon
05-06-2007, 04:50 AM
wow...i did not expect to see these replies. thanks folks!

yeah...that Generi....i just wanted to kill him...haha....but it can be pushed alot more.

i'll make those changes soon !

thanks again

j o.O n

CGTalk Moderation
05-06-2007, 04:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.